Sign in to follow this  
leifgiering

FSX view projection

These two 737s are the same.

Notice how in the picture on the right, the rear of the plane looks equal in size to the front, even though it is actually further away.  This is how aircraft and other objects are shown in FSX.

The picture on the left is how things look to the human eye - when things are further away, they appear smaller.

Is there a way that I can change the view in FSX to be like the left?

1980255_10204590412574525_77116498802802

Thanks,
Leif

These two 737s are the same.

Notice how in the picture on the right, the rear of the plane looks equal in size to the front, even though it is actually further away.  This is how aircraft and other objects are shown in FSX.

The picture on the left is how things look to the human eye - when things are further away, they appear smaller.

1980255_10204590412574525_77116498802802

Thanks,

Leif

yes, you change the zoom factor on the camera in use. Usually the + and - keys. I personally use EZdok. you might want to look here and here.

If you really want to go deep, look at these videos.

This is a perspective issue related more to eye-point to subject distance rather than zoom level.

If you just zoom in to that image on the right the plane will increase in size but it's geometry (perspective) will stay exactly the same.

You need to move your eye-point closer to the plane and decrease the zoom ratio at the same time to compensate with a wider field of view if you want to match the right image to the left.

Unfortunately the keyboard shortcuts for moving the eye-point by default only seem to work in the VC and Aircraft views. Maybe the cameras.cfg can be tweaked to get it working in Spot views as well?

Otherwise third party cameras like EZDoc and Opus might work for you.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I think what you are getting at is the camera point, how close the camera is from where it zooms from. Those points are defined in the aircraft.cfg file. Settings can be found with a search either here or Google.