Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Kane

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser #2

OK Now I am getting excited, the sights and sounds of it is really bringing this together and to top it off Han Solo and Chewie

Matthew Kane

I've watched it at least 10 times now  :lol:

Please don't mess up Disney!

The new storm troopers and tie fighters look slick, and the ruins from former battles. 

Matthew Kane

Please don't mess up Disney!

They've done well with the Marvel movies so far, which is a good sign.

I know. I actually have faith in Disney after seeing these awesome trailers. I also can't wait for the Battlefront trailer coming out tomorrow!!!!!! The only thing I didn't like is them saying that the Extended Universe is "non-cannon" now.

I think they will pull it off. They have invested heavily and I like JJ Abrams. I am certain after the movie is released their theme parks will showcase a lot of Star Wars attractions, been over 10 years since I've been to Disney so they just may get me back at some point with my daughter.

This was the entire point of their movies was to get you into the theme parks so this seems pretty cool.

Matthew Kane

I watched a portion of an interview with JJ Abrams this morning. He mentioned that he was only eleven years old when he saw the first Star Wars movie.

What I remember is that I managed to watch the entire movie seven times on the day of release... I kept hiding in the restroom until the movie started up again... :Whistle:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well, as someone who remembers watching the classic Star Wars movies in the cinema when they were originally released, I am not embarrassed to admit that watching this trailer brought a tear to my eye. I am really looking forward to this now.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I think Abrams will do a good job, as long as he doesn't interject time travel as he did in his otherwise excellent Lost and Star Trek. Star Trek in particular kept the characters true to their original nature, as opposed to a director's ego deciding to put his own "fresh take" on it. Abrams has spoken with reverence about the original Star Wars - I get the feeling that he wants to create the Star Wars universe as he would have imagined it when he was a kid.

I too remember seeing the original Star Wars in the theater with my father, as a kid. I think there were still lines a week after opening. If he were alive I'm sure he would be just as excited to see it now as he was then.

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

I am not embarrassed to admit that watching this trailer brought a tear to my eye.

This is exactly how I reacted to that teaser.  :Big Grin:

Pretty please Disney, DON'T MESS THIS UP! As posted up above!!!!

Well, as someone who remembers watching the classic Star Wars movies in the cinema when they were originally released, I am not embarrassed to admit that watching this trailer brought a tear to my eye. I am really looking forward to this now.

You too?  I thought I was the only one that got MANLY tears of joy at seeing a REAL Star Wars sequel trailer and not the tripe fed to us by a clinically insane Lucas.    Okay well maybe he's not that bad...  NO!  NO!   I will not apologize!  He was insane!  He gave us Jar-Jar Binks... T_T  That will never go away.. ever... it cannot be unmade.... It's with us until the planet explodes... *cries*  Please JJ!  Wash the bad images out of my mind with this new masterpiece!  I beg you! 

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

The (possible) villian looks like Darth Revan...that would be pretty cool. 

My parents took me to watch all three movies (before the horrible new ones, around 30 years ago now) back to back at the cinema...BEST DAY EVER!!!

Ian R Tyldesley

That last part of the trailer (where Han Solo says "Chewie, we're home") is when the floodgates opened for me. I'm betting it's when both of them set foot in the Millennium Falcon for the first time in a while. If that's the case, it's gonna be a tear jerker of epic proportions for me. Han Solo and Chewbacca flying what is arguably one of the most iconic (and loved) spacecraft of all time in a new Star Wars movie? It doesn't get much better than that.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png