Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Kane

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser #2

I wonder if it makes all of those beeping sounds in the cabin? Hey, maybe it also has those little rockets for vertical take offs?!! :lol:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Given the feedback on this forum and generally on the internet, does anybody else feel that this films audience is going to the 30 something people reliving their childhood?

Ian R Tyldesley

Just a little note.

The part where the narration about the Force being in the family is Luke's dialogue from Episode VI where he is talking to Leia at the Ewok camp.

Given the feedback on this forum and generally on the internet, does anybody else feel that this films audience is going to the 30 something people reliving their childhood?

Star Wars is still huge with children today. My girlfriend is a 5th grade school teacher. They know all about it.

For those who were there originally, it's more like the 50 something crowd.

Just to bask in that childhood, we (the original) all have our 'first seeing' stories, and are in Lucas's debt for creating a pop-culture mythos that is as strong now as it was in 1977 (even though he botched the second trilogy).  I too wait, like a kid on Christmas eve, for this film's release.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

More like 40-50 something!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I predict the biggest opening in movie history. That familiar melody brings goose bumps. Who can ever forget it ? 

I'm one of those 50-somethings who can't wait for this.

jime

Banner_MJC5.png

James D. Edwards

My 12 and 10 year olds are huge Star Wars fans! They're more excited than I am!!

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Of course they recycle popular genre's, recently has been Transformers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles so that the Parents that used to play with that stuff can now buy them for their kids.

I am noticing that in 2022 will be the 40th anniversary of E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, and that will be when my daughter will be 8 years old, so perhaps Steven Spielbergo will be doing a 40th anniversary edition so my Daughter can become the next generation of buying all that stuff too. That film hasn't had a come-back yet

Matthew Kane

I predict the biggest opening in movie history. That familiar melody brings goose bumps. Who can ever forget it ? 

I predict another movie ticket price hike. They always slip those in with new Star wars films.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

This is exactly how I reacted to that teaser.  :Big Grin:

How on earth did you get that video of me? :o

You'll be hearing from my lawyer..... 

:lol:

In all seriousness, I can't wait.  When they announced that JJ Abrams was directing, I really enjoyed his Star Trek films (I had previously regarded Star Trek as pretentious drivel, so that's high praise from me :P  ), so I think it's in safe hands....

The new Star Trek movies have been a mixed bag for me. I am not convinced that they got the right person to play Scotty, and what the hell is that "comedy sidekick" of his? What on Earth is that all about?? :huh: I also don't like the engine room of the Enterprise looking like it's been hauled straight out of a 21st century chemical plant, with lots of pipes everywhere. It looks rubbish. There are other issues that I could mention but.......I can't be arsed :lol:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The new Star Trek movies have been a mixed bag for me. I am not convinced that they got the right person to play Scotty, and what the hell is that "comedy sidekick" of his? What on Earth is that all about?? :huh: I also don't like the engine room of the Enterprise looking like it's been hauled straight out of a 21st century chemical plant, with lots of pipes everywhere. It looks rubbish. There are other issues that I could mention but.......I can't be arsed :lol:

You see, I regard being unlike the other Star Trek films/shows as a good thing  :P

:smile:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Damn. Exiting. Can't wait. Bring back lots of memories. Thanks for sharing.