Sign in to follow this  
jcallum

FMS error message: "CYVR ERR: 12 RWY N/A"

I need some help. I have just installed the 777 under FSX:SE and when I enter the destination airport (CYVR) I get the above message. I am using the latest AIRAC cycle from Navigraph (1504). I am not sure what the error message is saying but it appears to think that it should have a rwy 12 at CYVR and it can't find one. (In fact there is no rwy 12 at CYVR.) I have tried running makerunways.exe and I have deleted the ARPT_RWY.dat file but neither of these suggestions have worked. (These were suggestions from other threads I have read.)

The strange thing is that when I run the 777 under FSX Deluxe on the same machine with the same navdata file I don't get the error. The other frustrating thing is that I think that I have had this problem before when I first purchased the 777; however, I can't remember how I resolved it.

Would really appreciate any help you might be able to give me or things I might try.

Thanks,

John.

John Callum   Nothing is impossible if you don't have to do it yourself.

Win 10, X-Plane 11.50, FS2020, Honeycomb Alpha, Saitek panels, HP Reverb G2

I need some help. I have just installed the 777 under FSX:SE and when I enter the destination airport (CYVR) I get the above message. I am using the latest AIRAC cycle from Navigraph (1504). I am not sure what the error message is saying but it appears to think that it should have a rwy 12 at CYVR and it can't find one. (In fact there is no rwy 12 at CYVR.) I have tried running makerunways.exe and I have deleted the ARPT_RWY.dat file but neither of these suggestions have worked. (These were suggestions from other threads I have read.)

Hi, John,

It appears  from my probably stock scenery in FSX:SE that there used to be a runway 12 and now there is a runway 13.  Maybe you don't have updated scenery in FSX:SE?

Also, try deleting ARPT_RWY.dat in steamapps/common/fsx/PMDG/NavData .  It is not part of the Airac, but rather a sort of cache used by the FMC.  When you restart the 777 it will rebuild.  You can back it up to be safe.  In fact, looking in my copy of that file, there is a runway 12 showing for FSX, but a runway 13 from the airac.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Thanks Mike. You are right. It is a conflict between the scenery (FSDT-CYVR) and the Navdata. I manually changed the navdata back to rwy 12 and I no longer get the error. This is a workaround and FSDT needs to update the scenery files I guess.

John.

The scenery file does not interact with the navdata.  The only place that the FMS gets airport/runway info is from navdata.

Did you try the suggestion that Mike had? It will fix your problem.  You can also run MakeRWYS from Pete Dowson free.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Dan. Why is the FMS looking for rwy 12 at CYVR? Why does it give me that message? Have deleted ARPT_RWY.dat and run makerunways but still a problem.

John.

Hi John,

You should update the FSDT CYVR scenery to the latest version, as it does include the updated 13 - 31 runway. Then run, the makerunways app again, to include the new data. 

regards, Craig

Ok. FSDT scenery up to date. Will try again. Thanks.

John.

It appears that I have two sets of CYVR scenery in my library. FSDT and another one presumeably the default. Will have to see if I can clean that up by removing the old one.

John.

The FSDT scenery is up to date and is #1 in the scenery library. (When I go to CYVR I can see rwy 13. and RAAS announces rwy 13)

I have run makerunways. Deleted ARPT_RWY.dat.

Restart FSX:SE. When I enter CYVR as the destination apt I get the same error.

And of course, this only happens with the 777. No problems with A319 or Q400.

Any further suggestions? I am running out of ideas.

John.

No problems with A319 or Q400.

John, those products do not use the same navdata files as PMDG.  The current CYVR.txt does have a runway 13 in PMDG sidstar files.  Have you looked in airport runway data to see if it's right/wrong?  It's a text file anything like notebook can open.

You might have more than one AFCAD for that airport.  Try  Simple Airport Scanner (google or avsim library) to find any duplicates.  If that fixes the AFCAD problem, then delete aiport run makerunways again and you should be good to go.

Dan Downs KCRP

Ok. Thanks. Will try that next.

Thanks to everyone. I have now sorted out my problem. I did something stupid and my SIDSTAR was not updated in sync with the other nav data. Anyway, I am now up and running and loving FSX:SE. (Much better on VAS)

Thanks for sharing the solution. That may help someone down the road.

Dan Downs KCRP

I am having the same problem.  John what was your solution?  How did you get your navdata to update properly?

How did you get your navdata to update properly?

Vague question... is your navdata current?

Please read the entire thread and the many others in the forum on the exact same subject.  It is almost always an arpt_rwy.dat file problem. A navdata problem is usually indicated with a message like XXXX NOT FOUND; whereas the RAAS problem is  XX RWY N/A (arpt_rwy.dat is used by RAAS not by PMDG by the way).  The OP never did explain how his navdata caused this problem and I can only guess it was a combination of problems eventually resolved without understanding of what was wrong. Run make_runways and see if that helps.

Dan Downs KCRP