Sign in to follow this  
ayousry

building pc for p3d

Hi guys

im planning to build a new pc for p3d and end up with some specs thanks to help from some guys

here , thats the parts im planning to buy:

i7 4770k intel processor

Evga gtx 970

asus motherboard

8gb ram

Good cooler

good power supply

Is these specs enough to get 30fps minimuim in 1080x1920 res with these addons in high settings:

Asn

pmdg777

Dubai flytampa airport

i can sacrifice traffic but not shadows cause thats the only reason im moving from fsx to p3d

thanks

Hi, go for the i7 4790k Haswell Refresh, should be the same price but cooler temps.

Other than that looks good!

Intel 10900k @ 5.1 HT on, Nvidia 3090, 32GB RAM @3800mhz, 1TB NVME Drive (P3Dv5.1), 1440p 48' Ultrawide Monitor.

I would even go for the i7-5820K which for a few bucks more (German prices) has really more power and the best price/performance ratio of all the present desktop cpu`s.

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

The 4790K is a sure choice. Go with a Z97 mobo and the fastest RAM you can get. If you plan on OCing, get a self contained water cooler. PSU must be 80 Plus certified.

sig01.png

After my two latest builds, Z97 & an X79 (and YES, they will overclock themselves with the AI Suite) - I would recommend the Corsair H-100 / or H-105 liquid coolers.........

They are working great, good price, and both of my recent pc's are oc'd to 4.8 and are fine with temps.

Good Luck

Many thanks for the info guys

I think ill go for the 4790k and z97

Can u tell me what to look for and where when buying RAMS?

Also would u recommend a quiet air cooling device as im not an expert

And read some sad stories about taking care of liquid coolers

Do u guys get 30fps at least using pmdg777 asn and an addon airport with these specs??

Again your help is much appreciated

Thanks

The 4790K is a sure choice. Go with a Z97 mobo and the fastest RAM you can get. If you plan on OCing, get a self contained water cooler. PSU must be 80 Plus certified.

+1

Have a read though my guide in my sig, it might help and yes 30 fps. I get 30 fps locked at EGLL with the ng/777

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Don't skimp on the mobo, a gaming Asus board ( ROG ) is a safe bet to get good overclocking results. It's not uncommon to push the 4790k to 4.8 with a water cooler, the CoolerMaster Nepton series are excellent in my opinion.

Just be careful, even though you will be able to run the sim at high settings you will most likely receive OOM at high sliders. I have almost that same system (4790k w/ GTX 970 and 16GB RAM) and though the computer can handle the increase in sliders, I get an OOM in heavy areas rather than the sim slowing down.

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

Just be careful, even though you will be able to run the sim at high settings you will most likely receive OOM at high sliders. I have almost that same system (4790k w/ GTX 970 and 16GB RAM) and though the computer can handle the increase in sliders, I get an OOM in heavy areas rather than the sim slowing down.

That's the bane of VAS.  I can run the 777 at FT CYYZ with almost all settings maxed at 18-23 FPS...  for around 60 seconds.

sig01.png

That's the bane of VAS.  I can run the 777 at FT CYYZ with almost all settings maxed at 18-23 FPS...  for around 60 seconds.

Lol yeah I know. I just built this rig and was pleasantly surprised with the performance for about a minute. Then the beeping started. If it isn't one thing its another.

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

Water cooler is okay but you can also use a massive after market air cooler which are chepaer and work just as good (provided that you have a good casing so that heat can be dissipated) I use the Noctua NH-D14

It is silent and cools very good. I was able to get a stable 800Mhz OC and heat is not an issue in my system with this beast.

Maarten Otto

19.jpg

Water cooler is okay but you can also use a massive after market air cooler which are chepaer and work just as good (provided that you have a good casing so that heat can be dissipated) I use the Noctua NH-D14

While that's true, I use water coolers by default - they simply are so much more silent, and water is much better at absorbing heat than air.

sig01.png

Don't discount the i7 5820K or the 5930K - the price difference for the X99 build shouldn't be too much more than a Z97, and the 6 cores can make a difference in terrain paging and in dense areas with loads of AI traffic. Overclocking is also a breeze on these chips, and you also get support for NVMe. And I've always gone ASUS MBs in the past, but have been really impressed with the build quality of the new Gigabyte G series.

Finally to add to Max's comment above, if you can afford to spend a bit more (and more importantly have room in your case for the radiator) go for a sealed water cooling kit (like a Nepton or H105) if you can. It can make a significant difference...at idle I'm sitting at 21C.

Have fun with whatever you choose!

Don't discount the i7 5820K or the 5930K - the price difference for the X99 build shouldn't be too much more than a Z97, and the 6 cores can make a difference in terrain paging and in dense areas with loads of AI traffic. Overclocking is also a breeze on these chips, and you also get support for NVMe.

I have to say, with FSX/P3D, the tests I've done are not that conclusive.  The FPS as well as the smoothness have consistently been inferior with those than with a properly setup 4790K system - for now.  The only one that blows everything else out of the water is the 5960X, but that's a way different animal.  I wouldn't be surprised that all of this would change sooner than later, though.

sig01.png