Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

First Titan X Screenshot

always something 

Hey Richard,

I can relate to that, I had some strange issues during March this year that led me to do two fresh installs of P3Dv2 within a week.....a major headache.

As far as NVIDIA Inspector is concerned, if you have the time and energy, could you please try the following settings with your Titan X:

bMExxWbfNO.png

U9jEUWn0Hz.png

I was having severe micro-stutters and couldn't work out why. I have a GTX 980 GPU and i7-5960X CPU, hardware that definitely shouldn't be giving me any stutters whatsoever.

The above settings are the result of much research and experimenting, on my system they deliver superb results. I've eradicated the micro-stutters completely, they may very well give you a massive performance boost too.

If you do decide to try the above, please make sure your FPS is set to unlimited within P3Dv2, so that you can actually see if there is an increase  :wink:

Cheers,

Jerome

Hey Richard,

Try them in a few minutes - I will try anything about now - just have to do a stress test o new Titan - hang in there - be back

Rich Sennett

Hey Richard,

These settings seem pretty good but I cant give you a good answer as something is very weird in my system - it does not like P3D anymore no idea why I stressed the heck out of my titan blew away all the scores posted by other used 3 different program - all worked fine in P3D no good fresh install of 2.4 which use to be perfect with no tweaks so I tried your new settings with a fresh 2.4 install - noticed I had to turn down msaa down to 2 and then aa was 8x - so if I can figure out whats going on here I can give you a better answer but at this moment these new ones worked better than your first post so something is very wrong here - not a happy camper - going to stress cpu now see what happens - thanks for these - will try when I have a decent running bare bones sim - may load 2.5 back in again - man I cant imagine loading fsx this many times would take years

Rich Sennett

Make sure to set MSAA in P3D to the same multiple as you set Transparency SS AA or SGSS AA with NI.

With the stock B58 4xMSAA + 4xSSAA is better than 8xMSAA + 4xSSAA, or 4xMSAA + 8xSSAA, since Supersampling is not applied if their multiples don't match.

With the Carenado C340 I had to apply Sparse Grid Supersampling, with some aircraft you may need SGSS.

I found with the Carenado C340 4xMSAA + 4xSGSSAA worked but 4xMSAA + 4xSSAA did not.

...using: NI 1.9.7.3, NVidia 347.88, GTX680 (Win8), GTX480 (Win7), 1920x1200.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

After setting up my

Nvidia inspector profile

Do I leave the aa alone

In the fsx settings menu?

Running dx9

After setting up my

No you can try any setting in fsx that will look best to you along with your NI settting

Rich Sennett