Sign in to follow this  
Manny

going crazy with mysterious Joysticks appearing in my Sim

This is getting so overwhelming.. Every timne I start my Sim I see additional Joysticks being added and Axis asigned to these.... Its driving me mad. 

What are these 4 Axis 32 button Joysticks 1-4? 

I have no idea what "gadget" is tied to hose? how do I get rid of that? Any ideas? 

And also how do I prevent these Sims for doing this ?

17002973469_2f196717c0_b.jpg

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

First thing I would do is unplug all peripherals and load fsx and see if it does it. Then add one and load fsx, then add another and load fsx etc... Slow and boring but the only way to find which device it is. Once you know that then you can start looking for solutions.

Chris

Uh, that's P3d. But whatever, the advice is sound. I have seen P3d give my Saitek rudder pedals a generic name like that, but never have I seen multiple copies.

First thing I'd try would be to look inside the p3d "controls" files and see what's listed there.

In [username]/appdata/roaming/lockheed martin/prepar3d v2 there's a "controls" folder, and inside it, there are two files.  Along with other data, controllers are listed in them.  If the "ghost" controllers you're seeing in p3d are shown, I'd try manually deleting them and saving the file.  Then check to see if they still show up in p3d.

If that didn't work, I'd just delete the entire files and see if p3d re-creates them, and then check to see if the "ghosts" still appear.  As a last resort, if that still didn't work, I'd delete them again and do a p3d "repair".  If, after all that, the problem still exists, sorry, I'm out of altitude and airspeed.

Note that it looks like your controller button assignments are in these files, so if you delete them, you might have to go through that setup again.

I removed the whole section in the controls folder standard.xml and it seems ok now. Those entries have gone.

I also realized I could use the tool (amazing freeware) "SIMStarter" to unassign all buttons to any joy stick with one click. 

Next time I get these mysterious Joysticks, I'll simply leave it there in standard.xml ,  and just unassign everything from those Joysticks and then take a copy of the standard.xml

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter