Hello... It's me annoying you again :P ...

This morning I bought the AMD Fx 8350, and I was so excited for that... til' a problem in FSX (and some other games) dissapointed me really hard...
FPS is going down constantly, especifically from 25-30 to 5 for few seconds, it heppens every 10-15 seconds... I already used CCleaner to clean my PC, but it didnt work... also, I already tried to fix it changing my affinitymask from 254 to 84, LOD to 4.5, and some other things, that were useless...

I really need your help, because I want to enjoy my new processor and my flight sim... I spent all the money I earned, and I wont see it in the trash cause of this problem.

Regards :)

Some process most likely takes control every 10-15 seconds..

If you have the Task Manager open with FSX (in a window), do you see anything using CPU cycles?

Bert

That looks like FSX is loading scenery or traffic...

Does this still happen if you turn all traffic off?

Back to processes, look at the Process tab (second from the left) sorted by CPU usage..

Also, turn off the applications..  Google?  Skype?  while running FSX.

Bert

I play with 0 traffic, 0 airport vehicles, 0 cars, 0 ships :/ , I already tried to play without any app opened, same problem...  :wacko:

Turn down your autogen and scenery complexity settings. I remember if I was landing at a busy airport with high scenery complexity/autogen settings, I would see heavy stuttering before landing. Once I turned down both settings to something manageable for my system (normal, and not extremely dense) the FPS was much smoother. 

Having any kind of shadows can also affect FPS as well. I turn them all off, despite them looking nice. 

If you use DX9 (didn't specify), I would try out DX10 because HDR lighting is easier on the system than DX9's light bloom, as well as water shaders. I don't use HDR lighting, but just wanted to point that out. 

When using DX9 I noticed that my FPS would cut in half if I had the water on 2x high, compared to 2x low. With DX10, there's no difference in FPS between them. 

Hello, and thanks for comenting, I didnt see any difference with DX10, same FPS drops, also, I turned down most of the graphics config, but same problem, I get more FPS with everything up, and I think that my PC is able to run this game with the configuration I have now...

I already used defraggler, and cleaned both disks... and in some other forums I saw that reinstalling FSX isnt going to work... so..?  :(

What kind of GPU do you have? In other games, I've noticed stuttering if I didn't have the card running at the highest clock speed possible. I'm not familiar with AMD cards but with Nvidia, there's something called "maximum performance mode" which will run the card at the highest clock speed regardless, and won't clock it up and down depending on the GPU load. 

Try to look for a similar setting in the Catalyst Control Center. 

If you're in the new build phase Google THE FSX COMPUTER SYSTEM: THE BIBLE.

I'm currently going through a new build and so far this has my system rock solid as can be.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

No, I know a-lot about FSX/APPS performance with processors, my only problem: budget. And yes, your Pc is a ######ing monster damn, do you want to upgrade it to Haswell-E processors? i7-5XXX ?