Sign in to follow this  
Redhornet

PMDG NGX and 777 Not working Steam Edition

Hi

First of all please forgive me if I have missed anything obvious on the forums with regards to the issues I am experiencing with both the 737NG and the 777.  I redownloaded all the installers after login into my account at precisionmanuals.com.  I have installed them both into FSX which I am running through the Steam Edition of FSX.  I have checked both planes and so far are unable to do anything with them.  The panels do not work in both planes even to the point that some of the switches are even missing.  Also the engines are not displaying correctly.  Also on the 777 the landing gear does not even show up.  I am using newly downloaded installers from your main website which is suppose to support the steam edition of fsx yet neither aircraft are fuctional.  Any ideas how to fix this.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.

Regards Jason

hi jason

I have read somewhere on the forum about switches and landing gear missing

I think it has something todo with simconnect.msi

navigate to fsx-se folder steamapps,common,fsx,sdk,core utilities kit,simconnect sdk, legacyinterfaces in that folder there is 3 folders open each one look for simconnect.msi and click on each one

hope this helps

jeff20

jason

one more simconnect.msi look in lib folder click on that also

jeff20

jeff storey

Gentlemen, both of you, please use full names in the PMDG forums. Thank you.

The solution that Jeff referred to is in the readme file that is included in the installer's zip file, with capital letters titled FSX-SE USERS READ ME. LOL it's funny how many don't read it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Guys thanks for both your quick responses.

After various searches on the internet I actually managed to resolve this by installing simconnect as stated in Jeff20 post.  Runs beautifully.  I haven't played my flight sim in over 12 months and realised just what a steep learning curve these aircraft actually have.  Took me nearly one hour 30 mins just to get the bird in the air lols.  Once again thanks both of you for your replies.

Regards

Jason Shephard