Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

P3D v2.4--Tired of waiting for ORBX OpenLC North America....

loaded in (Edit) UTX Canada (had typed v2.1...no such thing) and OMG...what a difference with land class running ORBX Global. I don't even recognize the area around Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, as I start my southbound cruise towards Niagara Falls for some sightseeing.  The UTX Canada land class layer is fantastic....wow....  look what it can do to good old generic ORBX global...the usual stuff, with HD Trees as well...and cruise is 2,800 feet AGL.

--------------------------------------------------

tired.png

tired2.png

tired3.png

Towns and city graphics are now lookin' real...check this out:

tired4.png

I like how good, P3D v2.4 creates a sense of brood and danger out upon Lake Ontario, driven today by ASN.  Rain and high winds forecast for the area...  

tired5.png

Never have seen lake-side towns look this convincing, until UTX products were loaded in!  Alan, did magic....:

tired6.png

and another view of the same town further along. I think this depiction is excellent:

tired7.png

UTX 2.1? Canada?  I thought UTX decided not to have an update for Canada because of data cost?  Anyway, nice shots.  What about stutters?  I had used UTX Canada in FSX but that product cause stutters for me, so I have been hesitant to buy again for P3D.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

UTX 2.1? Canada?  I thought UTX decided not to have an update for Canada because of data cost?  Anyway, nice shots.  What about stutters?  I had used UTX Canada in FSX but that product cause stutters for me, so I have been hesitant to buy again for P3D.

Yes...sorry about that..you are right...I was just installing UTX v2.1 for USA, and installed my older version for Canada...sorry about that...my bad.  These shots are taken with the latest version of UTX Canada!  Again sorry for the confusion!....I had UTX USA v2.1 on the brain...as I was typing... :(

I just edited my original blurb...to reflect my error in stating.  I now say UTX Canada for these shots, which is accurate.

As you can see..I don't have bad FPS performance...and there are no animation stutters.

latest version of UTX Canada

So the older UTX Canada works fine for you using the EMT?  No stutters?  If so, I will pull it out and give it a try too.  Thanks

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

So the older UTX Canada works fine for you using the EMT?  No stutters?  If so, I will pull it out and give it a try too.  Thanks

Yeah..it's working great...and good visuals...no stutters...but of course..I didn't go past v2.4 yet. This is v2.4 being displayed....

great pics!

Thanks...

Here's Stoney Lake, near Peterborough, Ontario. I've been here...and it looks just like this...UTX does a great job in land-class! :)

tired8.png

Anybody using version 1 in p3d 2.5? Also, how does the Niagara Region look? Any Welland Canal?

Ya, I'm sick and tired of waiting for OpenLC too.,

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Awesome shots...and what a difference!

Waiting on USA LC also - great shots Mitch - getting this to work in 2.5 would be a bit tricky but probably doable one would think how you got utx v2 to work in p3d 2.5 before it was fixed should help

Rich Sennett

Waiting on USA LC also - great shots Mitch - getting this to work in 2.5 would be a bit tricky but probably doable one would think how you got utx v2 to work in p3d 2.5 before it was fixed should help

Hi Richard,  yeah, I decided to stay with the familiar file structure of v2.4, until 3.x comes out.  I just have everything loaded and working great in v2.4..and honestly...honestly...I don't see any much more of a different, or superior video quality output from those posting with v2.5, to even bother.  As you see..I can pretty much maintain on my system, mostly around 30ish for FPS...and my v2.4 performance and visuals...is very, very pleasing to this old guy...:)

More importantly though...EVERYTHING works.....everything, without all the hassle(s).

Ya, I'm sick and tired of waiting for OpenLC too.,

If you have UTX Canada...all I can say is;  "Git er done!"... :P

Anybody using version 1 in p3d 2.5? Also, how does the Niagara Region look? Any Welland Canal?

There is the Welland...just south somewhat of the escarpment.  Bridges across, etc....  As they say in Italian..."I no usesa the v2.5 ah'.....

Here are four shots of the Welland Canal...:

welland4.png

welland3.png

welland1.png

welland2.png

...and here is the main canal...with the four above being the bypass-local navigation: BTW, Henrik...you can see by the size of the canal...that it can pass a ship or three, of yours...how cool would that be...going from Lake Ontario, to Lake Erie!

welland5.png

Here are two final shots of the Welland Canal. One shot shows the exit out to Lake Eire, and the other pretty much the navigable width and length for one of Henrik's beauties!

welland6.png

welland7.png

One more shot further down the Lake Erie coast...this shot is of the mouth of the Niagara River, and in the background clearly can be seen Grand Island, New York.

GrandIsland.png

Here are four shots of the Welland Canal...:

Thanks man...

Where do I make the purchase?

Great shots and am also waiting for Orbx to finish Open LC North America.  How do areas in the southwest looks such as Las Vegas and Phoenix?

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Thanks man...

Here is a shot of my flying over downtown Buffalo, New York, ( I had a senior moment, and typed this as Niagara Falls, NY, but corrected by edit ) and water-front, with Lake Erie really kicking it up (live time via ASN), on my way to the Falls...:) I'm being buffeted around quite a bit, on this flight! This is actually a good shot to show that UTX Canada is up and alive, on the other side of the river!!!  Look's great!

nf1.png

Great shots and am also waiting for Orbx to finish Open LC North America.  How do areas in the southwest looks such as Las Vegas and Phoenix?

"Dang...are you going to make me fly over from Niagara Falls and shoot some shots?  I haven't even seen the Falls YET!   Lordy!"  OK...here a fly over of Las Vegas and the 'strip' using UTX USA v2.1 and all it's features in P3D v2.4

lv.png

LOL

Mitch

Thanks man...

Graham...notice how the main channel of the Welland Canal can easily accommodate one of Henriks' masterpieces!  HINT..HINT........HINT....NUDGE....HINT.....