Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

Difference in pricing

Hello all,

I am strongly considering moving to P3D right now. With regards to the 747 V2, what will the pricing structure be upon release? Will the prices be the same for all platforms and then change, as was the case for the 777 recently?

Thanks in advance. :smile:

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

PMDG has a policy, probably stated in a pinned topic somewhere, that they don't discuss pricing.  The B747v2 is too far out for a pricing announcement anyway.

Dan Downs KCRP

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

PMDG has a policy, probably stated in a pinned topic somewhere, that they don't discuss pricing.  The B747v2 is too far out for a pricing announcement anyway.

Their policy doesn't say it has to be a full name, just has to be signed.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/458101-signing-posts-in-this-forum-an-overview-for-enforcement/

As for the pricing. PMDG hasn't announced anything related to the pricing and the way things have been done in the past they usually don't until it is very close to release time.

Samuel Scully

Samuel, I used to split hairs like that too and people got tired of listening to me.  Semantics.  It's pretty clear here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/245586-you-must-sign-your-full-real-name-to-posts-to-use-this-forum-posts-without-names-will-be-deleted/

Dan Downs KCRP

With regards to the 747 V2, what will the pricing structure be upon release? Will the prices be the same for all platforms and then change, as was the case for the 777 recently?

The pricing for the 744 will be announced when we announce it.

http://forum.avsim.n...or-enforcement/

The policy does, in fact, require the full real name. You only linked to the overview for enforcement.

While Dan's comment was directed at the original poster, I'll redirect it you, too: full names in the forum, please, per forum policy.

Kyle Rodgers

The policy does, in fact, require the full real name. You only linked to the overview for enforcement.

While Dan's comment was directed at the original poster, I'll redirect it you, too: full names in the forum, please, per forum policy.

Not to take the thread too far off topic, but how does that work if someone doesn't want their full name out there? I am in the military and work in a sensitive field, I would rather not have my last name (which isn't a common name) posted all over the forums?

Samuel, I used to split hairs like that too and people got tired of listening to me.  Semantics.  It's pretty clear here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/245586-you-must-sign-your-full-real-name-to-posts-to-use-this-forum-posts-without-names-will-be-deleted/

I am not trying to split hairs, just trying to clarify rules. I didn't notice the post you linked before. Now that I have read it I understand the rules better even if I don't agree with them.

Samuel Scully

how does that work if someone doesn't want their full name out there?

I think they could read the forum but not post or only post at the risk of deletion.

Not to take the thread too far off topic, but how does that work if someone doesn't want their full name out there? I am in the military and work in a sensitive field, I would rather not have my last name (which isn't a common name) posted all over the forums?

If you do not wish to comply for your own personal reasons, then you do not have to participate in the forum. You may still get your support through the official support portal at support.precisionmanuals.com.

First and last name really don't constitute much in terms of actionable information. Now that you, yourself, have identified yourself as military, that could result in slightly more actionable information, but first and last alone doesn't give much to anyone - common last name or not. This is coming from active work (at least for the next week or so) in the information security field. To my knowledge, none of the military branches recognize first and last name alone as PII. Combined with other data, sure, but first last only? Nope.

Kyle Rodgers

You should do what I did if worried about split hairs - change shampoo. I now use a 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner and have said goodbye to split hairs! ;)

If you do not wish to comply for your own personal reasons, then you do not have to participate in the forum. You may still get your support through the official support portal at support.precisionmanuals.com.

First and last name really don't constitute much in terms of actionable information. Now that you, yourself, have identified yourself as military, that could result in slightly more actionable information, but first and last alone doesn't give much to anyone - common last name or not. This is coming from active work (at least for the next week or so) in the information security field. To my knowledge, none of the military branches recognize first and last name alone as PII. Combined with other data, sure, but first last only? Nope.

Well since my last name is unique I decide to keep it to myself. I would rather not have people find me or my family members on the internet. And it is possible to find other data on a person with their first and last name, there are plenty of websites where you can search for people and come up with home address, phone numbers, etc. and when you have a unique last name it is easy to refine the search.

However, I am not here to argue rules. PMDG has set the rules and wants to enforce them, I can respect that.

Samuel Scully

Thanks for the replies. Terribly sorry about the last name policy; I had always believed that only the first name was required. I'll update my signature. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg