Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

LatinVFR KSNA question

Good evening,

I have a question regarding this scenery: How are FPS at LatinVFRs KSNA especially with "Scenery cast shadows" on.

Background: I own some sceneries at which I experience extreme low FPS with shadows on; unfortunately two of them are by LatinVFR. I know that it is recommended to switch shadows off in the manuals of these sceneries, but I like to have one configuration for my simulator with all sceneries.

Thanks for writing your experiences!

Regards,

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

its not bad for being in a popular dense area...coming from me which has a GTX 980 and a I5@4670K @3.5ghz  non overclocked getting 35-150 in the NGX VC on fsx.

I use FS9 and in the Qualitywings 757 in front of the main terminal I get about 55-65FPS. This is with ground shadows on, AI aircraft shadows on, 100% AI, FSGenesis mesh, REX clouds and sky textures, and FSrealWX Lite running.

Thanks for your feedback. Looks as I should use the current sale at SimMarket.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

I'm assuming this one no longer meets your needs??

File Description:
Detailed scenery for John Wayne Orange County Airport, Santa Ana, California. This scenery has been designed and developed in GMAX, and captures the real airport 'feel' as much as possible.

Filename: sna2004.zip License: Freeware, limited distribution Added: 4th July 2004, 17:20:42 Downloads: 17634 Author: Shehryar Ansari Size: 13515kb

Thanks WingZ, I didn't know.

I only saw the sale announcement and remembered my difficulties with San Diego and (to a lesser extent) San Juan. Will try the freeware first.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Harald

There is also a 3.1 service pack for that scenery:-     sna2004sp,   if you decide to try it.

Also an Afcad is available as af2_ksna.zip.  Both still available here at Avsim.

Colin B

Guys,

thanks for guiding me to Shez' scenery.

But what's your opinion about MK Studios version:

Filename: mkstudios_johnwayne_fs9.zip License: Freeware, limited distribution Added: 11th October 2011, 04:03:32 Downloads: 3938 Author: Mateusz Stabryla MK-Studios Size: 64657kb

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

My KSNA is a FS2004 version.

The MK Studios is an FSX version. It still needs additional files to work well in FSX which if you write to me I can provide.

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

But what's your opinion about MK Studios version:

I had forgotten I had this installed... it's what happens when you have too many toys I suppose :)

It's a very competently made scenery, uses aerial photo, has some animated highway traffic too, on the approach (Last pic).

Performance is good, I do get some blitting of taxiway markings on my system. 

Some shots:

kzvZSl.jpg

HoGihi.jpg

4bBYH5.jpg

ZeidzE.jpg

kQ1Vze.jpg

I just bought the LatinVFR KSNA after using Shez's scenery for years. $15 over at PC Aviator... (Includes "Tuesday discount")... It's actually far better than the screenshots made it look and although Shez is one of the all-time greats of FS9 freeware, his KSNA was getting a bit dated. I am very pleased with the detail and FPS of the LatinVFR version and as it comes with FSX-SE version, it is very good value IMO

Yes, you did read that right - FSX-SE.. It's time for me to come out of the closet guys -- I bought it at Easter with 80% discount and I am loving it. I am NOT abandoning FS9.5 as I have way too much time and money invested in it, but FSX-SE really is as good as you've been hearing.  Runs absolutely smoothly on my machine.

Hi,

at first thanks Shez for your help. Unfortunately, I don't understand that the MK Studios version scenery clearly stated as for FS9 is in fact for FSX? Last night I installed it and it looks just as good as at WingZ' (thanks, too!) screenshots. FPS are also good, so that version is my choice for KSNA.

Ian, I at least have absolutely no problem with your "coming out". No "FSX stay away" attitude here in my thread, please.

Cheers!

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Runs absolutely smoothly on my machine.

Glad to hear it Ian.

I'm gradually installing all those FSX sceneries I've been acquiring over the years as a result of purchasing FS9 sceneries.  I notice MyTraffic 6 is on special at the moment and might treat FSX;SE with that.  In P3D I use the ORBX Australian AI free program.

All the best with KSNA.   :lol:

I took the plunge with Latin VFR KSNA.

Scenery cast shadows do not work with this scenery because the volumetric grass and static AI cast weird

shadows…… you'd think it would be possible to make an object that did not cast shadows (like grass).  :rolleyes:

Other than that FPS are good …… scenery is….alright.

It passed the alpha searcher test …but the ADE fault finder….not even close. :lol:

fsscr176_zpsrzfeq8t4.jpg

fsscr177_zpsjq2ulbdx.jpg