Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Kane

My Traffic 6 error

I think I am missing something but I am dyslexic and I am finding the installation process for My Traffic 6 to be tedious. I did everything as instructed unless their is something I missed. I am still getting this error message when starting up FSX-SE and no traffic:

mt6.jpg

Any ideas?

Matthew Kane

Check the working scenery.cfg and check to location of where you installed MyTrafficProfessional.  The location in your scenery.cfg is not valid.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

As Jim stated your path to Mytraffic in your working scenery.cfg is incorrect.

It should read as follows but your path should point to the location where you installed MyTraffic

[Area.125]
Title=MyTraffic
Local=E:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic
Layer=125
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

It is still giving the same error message

Then your path is still wrong, where did you install MyTraffic ?

Did you use the communicator to localise the FSX-SE path ?

Then your path is still wrong, where did you install MyTraffic ?

It is installed in D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic

Did you use the communicator to localise the FSX-SE path ?

Yes I did the steps as follows:

I started communicator

Localize My Traffic....OK

Localize FSX....OK

Manage FSX.cfg - Add My Traffic - Save and close

Enter FSX and select scenery directory

When I start up then that error message pops up. I've gone through the steps a few times now

I am only using FSX:SE without FSX so it says to localize FSX, Only localize FSX:SE if you have both installed but I am only using FSX:SE

Matthew Kane

I started communicator

Localize My Traffic....OK

Localize FSX....OK

Manage FSX.cfg - Add My Traffic - Save and close

Enter FSX and select scenery directory

Do you also have FSX box edition installed ?

Can you browse to the location where you have MyTraffic installed and paste the path here,

Do you also have FSX box edition installed ?

No I do not. I decided to migrate from FSX to FSX:SE so I did a clean install of Windows 7, then a clean install of FSX:SE. It has been problem free other then this issue.

Reason why I went with MyTraffic6 is because Ultimate Traffic 2 is no longer supported so I never did use MyTraffic6 in FSX boxed version. I purchased it after I did a clean install of WIndows7 and FSX:SE

So I am not sure what is going on here

Matthew Kane

Have you checked the Scenery.CFG?

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Have you checked the Scenery.CFG?

Yes when I follow the steps it is not making an entry into the Scenery.cfg file and when I manually add it that didn't do anything either

Matthew Kane

Had the installer elevate to "Run as Admin" when it was supposed to update the scenery.cfg?

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I was getting this same message.  I had to use "FS2004/FSX Scenery Config Editor" to select the scenery folder.  For some reason, I was able to select the correct folder when trying to open through fsx.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Matthew, until you post the path to where you have MyTraffic installed there is nothing we can do further to help you.

If we had this information it is a straightforward fix

I had this same error. I just browsed to the location where My Traffic was installed and right-clicked on the address bar and selected copy address as text. Then I opened the scenery.cfg, found the My Traffic entry and pasted the proper address over the top of the erroneous one and that fixed it.

Hope that helps.

Stuart Furley

Matthew, until you post the path to where you have MyTraffic installed there is nothing we can do further to help you.

If we had this information it is a straightforward fix

Sorry I had to run to work yesterday

The path is located here - D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\

Matthew Kane