Sign in to follow this  
Howellerman

Cannot activate Phenom MFD

Greetings, 

I thought I would take the Phenom 100 out for a spin after completing my 2.5 load, and while the aircraft loads fine, I cannot activate the primary (center) MFD. Cold and dark works fine, I can spin up the engines, but no MFD.

When I click on either the rightmost button or ENT I get a momentary flash of the normal display, but then it reverts to the Startup display, the one that says this, that, and the other thing has expired. This is also true for the Shift + 2 display.

Anybody else seen this? I reloaded the aircraft, and also disabled instrument reflections per the "P3D User Readme" suggestion, but still nothing works. 

Thought I would ask "unoffcially" before I sent a request off to Chile.

Thanks!

JKH

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Hi,

I never have experienced this. Don't have a clue as to what would cause that. The MFD always comes on when I turn on a battery.

Sorry, no help I know.

Jim

Hi Jim, 

Perhaps to clarify: The MFD does indeed come on when I turn on the battery - I cannot get it to exit the setup screen (the one with the aircraft picture).

John

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Hi John,

What happens when you try to activate the MFD by pressing the Ent button or far right Soft Key?  Does your mouse pointer turn into a hand so that you can select them?

Jim

Heya Jim, 

Yup, everything works as intended, and when I click ENT the "correct" view flashes but reverts to the startup screen.

I think an email into Chili is in order...

John

John Howell

Hey John,

Yeah, I think you need to bring Carenado in on this. This is a strange one. Have you tried to do a completely new download? I know you said your reloaded the plane but does that mean a new download?

Good luck.

Jim