Sign in to follow this  
Giomantovani

Dark line in the sky

Hi. I was happily fliying from Dublin to Paris tonight when I realized a pitch black line in the sky. Went to investigate but found nothing like it on the web. I've already replaced the sky textures, cleaned the shaders cache and restored fsx.cfg but it didn't work out. Funny thing is that when I enable DirectX 10 it fades a little, allowing me to see the sky behind it. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

1o6a2b.jpg

raise your scenery to MAX and see what that does. if it doesnt then its a corrupted BMP and you will have to repair it or uninstall and reinstall

Raising the scenery to max shouldn't make any difference.

Judging from the direction the black line crosses the sky, I am wondering if the milkyway_lm.dds is corrupt or missing.

For the OP go into your FSX/scenery/global/texture folder and find the texture called MilkyWay_lm.dds. If that texture is missing then that could be the problem.

Otherwise it's hard to say but maybe some type of video card corruption, bad video card driver or settings, card overheating.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Raising the scenery to max shouldn't make any difference.

Judging from the direction the black line crosses the sky, I am wondering if the milkyway_lm.dds is corrupt or missing.

For the OP go into your FSX/scenery/global/texture folder and find the texture called MilkyWay_lm.dds. If that texture is missing then that could be the problem.

Otherwise it's hard to say but maybe some type of video card corruption, bad video card driver or settings, card overheating.

Thanks, you were right. Replacing the file for a custom one fixed it. :)

Glad that fixed it. I had a feeling that's what it was when I saw the screen shot you posted.

Happy flying.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator