Sign in to follow this  
Gregdpw

Max texture load won't stay at 2048?

everytime i go into my fsx.cfg my max texture load is always at 1024. I change it back to 2048. Open fsx. Close fsx. Then go back into the cfg and the value is back to 1024? Strange.

Do a Google search for Frosty software. You should find a neat little utility that will manage your MTL. It will change your FSX cfg. to what you had it set I:E 2048 when ever you start FSX.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

FSX Steam Edition has upgraded the TML setting to 4096. I would suggest looking into it. Then all you need to do is move the global texture resolution slider left one notch from full-right, and it will stay there unlike regular FSX. 

If you have any ORBX scenery, I think they also provide a way to lock the TML setting at 2048. 

everytime i go into my fsx.cfg my max texture load is always at 1024. I change it back to 2048. Open fsx. Close fsx. Then go back into the cfg and the value is back to 1024? Strange.

Not strange... FSX will reset it to its highest value (1024) whenever the Display Options are saved.

If you save the FSX settings at 2048, you can reload them in flight whenever you need them..

Bert

Do a Google search for Frosty software. You should find a neat little utility that will manage your MTL. It will change your FSX cfg. to what you had it set I:E 2048 when ever you start FSX.

I think that software is no longer supported. I downloaded the app from here and the readme claims it is no longer supported.

Texture Max Load Editor v1.2.197

Try the other links. I just downloaded it today.

Bob G.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

Try the other links. I just downloaded it today.

Bob G.

you have a newer version than 1.2? Thanks

edit - can you give me a link? I find nothing newer than 1.2.197

I can't copy and past with I:E 11 on this site. I just downloaded it again with no problem. It is V1.2.197. It's from Flyawaysimulations.com

Bob G.

I can't copy and past with I:E 11 on this site. I just downloaded it again with no problem. It is V1.2.197. It's from Flyawaysimulations.com

Bob G.

That's the same on I got and the readme file claims it is no longer supported and not to email the author.Steve Frosty's site is shut down and for sale.

I know. But you should still be able to download it. I recommended to a friend this morning and he's 80 years old and he had no problem downloading and installing it.