Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

Ben, where's 10.40...

I still don't get the X-plane mobile thing. Do people really use that?

A number that i have seen floating around was around 500k downloads alone for XP9 Mobile. And that without the income from that XP10 Desktop development would not have been possible. Cant verify those numbers, just seen them a few times.

I've fired up xp9 on Android once... I guess people paying ~800 bucks for a phone don't care and simply click a bit around in the store. My Sony E1 was 39.90 without contract.

And yes, Austin probably gets more from mobile than from desktop version!

You think xplane would use it?

The german developer interview it was said that mobile is a big entry gate for new young people to x-plane desktop. 

I play also on FS:Economy and in our group the ratio of X-Plane to P3D/FSX new young people joining is around 5:1.  So whatever they do it seems to work ;)

Austin is a very successful business man so I'm sure there is a good reason $$$ he's spending so much time and affords developing mobile apps.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I have to admit I was hoping there would be a 10.40 beta for us to play with by now. There have been no updates on the Developer Blog for over a month, so they're definitely busy with something. I'm sure I read somewhere that they're in the middle of updating their mobile app, which means we desktop jockeys get pushed back. Again!  :huh:

Yes, but think of what you can do with 12GB of VRAM.... :P

Absolutely! I find I easily chew through the 4 I have currently with the more hi res g2xpl sceneries. Had to back down to ZL16 with airfields and their immediate surrounds in 18. As soon as the summer holiday is over I'll be saving for a titan, really looking forward to it. Really hoping it'll be worth the price though :Praying:

Yes, @propsfan, I'm running just a GTX980 with 4GB of VRAM and I have to pull some of my sliders back to fit everything into that 4GB.  The CPU has the horses, but the 980 needs more VRAM to run with everything maxed out.

Absolutely! I find I easily chew through the 4 I have currently with the more hi res g2xpl sceneries. Had to back down to ZL16 with airfields and their immediate surrounds in 18. As soon as the summer holiday is over I'll be saving for a titan, really looking forward to it. Really hoping it'll be worth the price though :Praying:

Yep, Same problem for me (g2xpl chews it all up)