Sign in to follow this  
Flying Penguin

Heading Glitch? Trying to head north

Hi,

If I ask FS2Crew command a heading of 360, I end up flying north.  All is well and good.  Unfortunately if I have a momentary lapse and ask for the equivalent heading of 000, I end up in a seemingly infinite loop of the co-pilot turning the heading bug round continually, slowing as it gets to 350 speeding up as it gets past 360.

Is there any chance this can be fixed at some point?  It's about the only thing that is a regular gotcha me, other than Windows  speech recognition's complete inability to recognize me saying the word "On"!

Otherwise, top job  :friends:

Cheers,

Jamie

There's no such thing as heading 000.

It has to be 360 or you will close the poor FO.

For things like 'on', see this thread on training specific words:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/372413-the-new-way-to-train-the-speech-recognizer-for-specific-words-like-auto/

Cheers,

But then surely it should get the same response as if I ask for "set heading 367" or "set heading Ford Transit ", I.e. ignored or 'are you sure?'.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it enforces correct phraseology, it's just a little bit of a rough edge to settle into an infinite cycle of spinning headings, which is hardly a graceful way of handling dodgy orders, and is jarring in comparison to most other commands which seem to be very well protected against idiot users....

And the training issue is a perpetual battle between my accent and Windows speech recognition training, not something in your control I appreciate :). It was more a general lament than a complaint....

Cheers,

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

Codewise the heading should only work if you speak a heading value less than or equal to 360.

I'll add 000 as a value that will trigger "are you sure" in a future update.

If you get a runway, issue the command "CANCEL LAST COMMAND" to stop the runaway.

Best,

Hi Jamie,

Codewise the heading should only work if you speak a heading value less than or equal to 360.

I'll add 000 as a value that will trigger "are you sure" in a future update.

If you get a runway, issue the command "CANCEL LAST COMMAND" to stop the runaway.

Best,

Brill, thanks! :)