Sign in to follow this  
Guest Erick_Cantu

The BBJ2 you don't want behind you!!!!

Guest ba747heavy

I edited your pic link so that AVSIM doesn't suck all of Boeings bandwidth.

I wonder how hard the Navy had to massage *that* RFQ to make sure it was tailored to Boeing only? :-)Richard

Guest P3_Super_Bee

>I wonder how hard the Navy had to massage *that* RFQ to make>sure it was tailored to Boeing only? :-)>>Richard??? Lockheed also proposed a 21st Century P-3 as well. Word among the pilots is one of the big factors in the decision was the CFM's and the world-wide support for them. God knows how many times I sat in places I'd rather not be in waiting on parts :( Another advantage Boeing had was they are rolling BBJ2's(what aircraft is loosely based off of) off the line, so they had a prototype out and about to show the performance factors, where as Lockheed had no hands on model. How true that is I don't know, I myself would have rather had the Lockheed. Lockheed had their ducks in a row when they did the P-3. I'm working on one that will be 42 years old in June.

:-outta

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".- unknown
"My daddy gives me up, to fight for you"- a US Military Members Child

Ah! Quit your complaining! You P-3 guys all had on-board per diem check printers and airconditioning. Us poor H-3 pukes only had the rotorblades to keep us cool! :-lolTrouble with me is I was around when both the P-3 and H-3's were new!!!W. Sieffert

Not hard. It's a purely political decision. Washington wants both Boeing and Lockheed/Martin military divisions to remain in operation and LM is busy as it is with the F-22 and JSF.What I wonder is what is happening with Northrop/Grumman...

Guest jdu

>What I wonder is what is happening with Northrop/Grumman...I wonder if their even in the game any more!! The last aircraft from them was the F-14. (I think.)

No, the B-2 is also theirs. After that, nothing. They had a competitor for the JSF competition but it wasn't even contracted for the flyoff.

Guest Erick_Cantu

Let's hope it doesn't succeed. :)

Guest oyvindhansen

>Not hard. It's a purely political decision. Washington wants>both Boeing and Lockheed/Martin military divisions to remain>in operation and LM is busy as it is with the F-22 and JSF.>And this is the same company that complain about Airbus being subsidised....- Oyvind

Guest ba747heavy

>Let's hope it doesn't succeed. :)Why not?

Guest Erick_Cantu

Because the 737 deserves a better fate than to become a mindless killing machine... :-hah

Guest ba747heavy

>Because the 737 deserves a better fate than to become a>mindless killing machine... :-hahI just happen to see it the other way, what better fate could a 737 ask for then to serve its country?

Guest Erick_Cantu

It does serve its country by peacefully transporting everyone where they need to go. As far as military service goes, it trains every single USAF navigator. The 737 is a harmless aircraft. It was NOT designed to kill people. Placing maiming devices on it makes the aircraft a heartless killer and nothing more.