Sign in to follow this  
stonelance

Flight Toolkit 1.1.9 (beta)

Yeah, something seems broken with your install kavinda.

The tool looks in add on scenery because the scenery.cfg in fsx lists it

Hey Steve and Jack,

Thanks for the support! I'll try it out with a new install and convert again.Thanks for checking the log for me Jack but I'm uncertain as to why the content converter wouldn't start... any ideas - the input command in CMD is correct... :blink:

If I were you, I would delete the Toolkit with Control Panel and re-download a fresh copy of 1_1_9 zip from stonelance #1 post of this thread, this the line I copied and entered in CMD

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Flight Tools\Flight Toolkit\ContentConverter.exe" fsx /i:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX" /o:"C:\TEST"

I added the TEST folder in C: , just for G P, hope this works for you. :unsure:  :smile:

Don't delete the toolkit. Uninstall it via the control panel. Then download the current version and install it. That should work.

Dick

Is it being recommended to do a new conversion of FSX scenery with the new toolkit because of some fixes Stonelance has done?

Ken

You should do conversion again, but you can do it over top of an existing conversion and it will go faster.

Thanks rhumbaflappy, I meant Uninstall,.my bad!   :blush: :P

Successfully uninstalled and reinstalled 1.1.9. Beta.  I believe I am seeing more foliage in the World, but were the runway markers supposed to show up now?  I have not seen them yet. :huh:

Re-conversion went very quick; took a short flight. Seems to be more autogen but not sure, and I did not see runway/taxiway markers at the airport. Was I supposed to?

Ken

Hmmm.  taxiway signs are supposed to be converted.  I never tested them really so they might not be working correctly.

Recently Dovetail updated some code in the Steam FSX. I used the 1.1.9. toolkit to do a conversion of this for Flight and it did not work, coming up with a multitude of errors. I am wondering if the new code in the Steam FSX is causing the problem or something else. I followed the instructions carefully from jpc55 above but the whole thing bombed. Anyone have a suggestion on what to do next? Thanks for your help.

We can't help unless you list what the errors are.  Also, you should probably be posting in the latest thread of the toolkit, not this old one.