Sign in to follow this  
xandirules

Need help installing liveries in Aerosoft Airbus A320/A321

Hi everyone,

I'm a total beginner, not familiarized with the directory structure and files locations...

Running Prepar3d V2.5.12945.0

Aerosoft Airbus A320/A321 is my first 3rd part aircraft/model I'm trying to install.

All models that came pre-installed show correctly in Prepar3d.

Tried to install some liveries...

Download the zip file from http://forum.aerosof...iae-tam-pt-mxi/

Used the Livery Manager/Add Livery, selected the zip file, Livery Manager recognizes the livery, gives option to clean or dirt.

Every thing seems OK but When I go to Prepar3d the livery does not appear on the vehicle selection menu...

When I check in C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A321 IAE directory there are Texture directories to each model, however, I cannot find any Texture directory for the new livery I tried to install...

When I go back to Livery Manager the livery is installed with all the options for backup/uninstall availables...

Tried to uninstall and re-install.

No effect. 

The same thing repeats to every livery I tried to install.

I didn't tried manual installation because it seems intimidating...

Am I missing something?

Does Prepar3d requires any additional step? 

Thanks in advance,

Have you ticked the option "show all ......" ?

Jack

the Swede in Spain

• Upvote 1

Can't understand why the new texture folder wouldn't be there? Are you sure you're looking in the correct folder ie you downloaded an IAE engined A320 rather than a CFM one?

Do you, or did you, have any other sim installed? FSX or FSX-SE?

I'm guessing that the livery manager installed your paint inside the FSX (or FSX-SE) folder.

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

Problem Solved!!!!

TurboTomato gave me the initial kick because we both were scratching our heads wondering where does the directory went....

It turns out the directory was in C:\Users\JoaoCarlos\AppData\Local\Temp\livman\Clean Version. For some reason Livery Manager opened there temporarily and failed to move to its final destination...

Then I tried to install it manually. Tried to edit the aircraft.cfg and got a prompt from Windows 8 stating that I needed administrative rights to complete the operation....

That rang a bell: for some reasons my installation of Windows 8  demands that majority of programs that make changes in drive C has to have administrative  rights. 

Changed Livery Mananger properties so it runs as Administrator.

Now everything is  OK!!

Thanks everybody!!

for some reasons my installation of Windows 8  demands that majority of programs that make changes in drive C has to have administrative  rights

It may seem that way but it's not strictly true. Changing plane models in the P3D folder on Win8 requires the user have write permission on that folder. So rather than worry about any program that may want to update files there, simply add the permission to the Users Group. Here I've shown a professional installation of P3D with the Write and Modify permissions added to the Users Group on the P3D folder. A User logs into Windows and becomes a member of the Users Group! Thus inheriting those permissions, and saves running as Admin all over the place. I can assure you that doing it this way saves other issues of that type coming up in the future.

P3DUsersGroup.jpg

It's one of the reasons why it is often recommended that the sim be installed in it's own folder to avoid the permissions issue, but that brings with it another set of problems that still require the permissions be set properly.

• Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com