Sign in to follow this  
patrico

can anyone tell me why

I am falling to pick up the g/s in my PMDGT7, I always am to high

Try the following:

- be within 20nm or so of the runway

- face the runway to see the glideslope indicator in the PFD

- if you're flying the downwind leg, switch your ND to APP and you should see localizer/glideslope data even if you're pointed away from the runway

Hi,

I get that issue only on some few approaches like at RKSI (ILS 34) where the VNAV path brings me too high for the G/S.

Otherwise it almost works fine.

How do you fly the approaches? With VNAV or other modes?

If with VNAV, check that the altitude of the IF on the leg page of the FMC matches the approach charts and follow the VNAV path indicator, it should bring you smoothly to the G/S.

Also to rule out any AIRAC or scenery mistake, have you checked that the IF in the FMC matches the position in the charts (comparing position with VOR/DME for instance)?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I am falling to pick up the g/s in my PMDGT7, I always am to high

At a specific airport or all airports? If it is specific, what is the airport and runway?

Not to be facetious or make light of your post, but surely being too high for the glideslope is entirely realted to how you manage your approach;  getting the aircraft down to an altitude where you will be under the GS when you need to / are cleared to intercept it.  I'm just struggling to understand how this can be related to a specific aircraft like the 777.    

Or are you saying that you are at the right altitude for the GS, but the 777 doesn't then capture it, and the glideslope drifts upwards?

Forget post #4 above.

Capture of the localizer and glideslope were explained in detail in this thread that you started -http://forum.avsim.net/topic/457346-old-habits-die-hard/ . This thread was started by you on December 10, 2014 and has a lot of good suggestions for solving your problem. If 5 months later you still can't capture the G/S, you have obviously not followed the advice in that thread. You might want to reread that thread and try the suggestions and do Tutorial #1 and read the Introduction Manual.

Capturing a G/S is like falling off of a log.

Capturing a G/S is like falling off of a log.

I like that.  Especially for anyone who learned instruments flying NDB approaches on windy nights in Nebraska!

Dan Downs KCRP

I like that.
It is in the T7. If the plane is setup correctly and flown correctly it will practically find the G/S for you. Windy nights in Nebraska might be a whole different situation.

Especially for anyone who learned instruments flying NDB approaches on windy nights in Nebraska!

...or someone getting a checkout in a Cessna 172M with the extra Flap 40 setting, with a 16 knot headwind on final. "Chop and drop" took on a whole new meaning.

Kyle Rodgers

I have finally figured everything out, it was pilot error and the answer comes

with experience, again thanks for the help