romoni

Before installing

Hello!

Couple unclear question before I try Fixer again:

1. Quate from Readme:

"There are only two bitmaps of significance to DX10SceneryFixer
<FSX DIR>\bkg.bmp
<FSX DIR>\Texture\envmap.bmp.

Currently you must restore the originals before the installation can proceed. If you do not do this then the installation will abort with a message explaining the issue."

Ok - I made backup those files - should I to delete them before I start Fixer installation?

2. Could it be any harm if I have a lot addon (ORBX etc.) installed before I install Fixer?

I use FSX Gold Edition (boxed).

Rolf

Rolf Niemi

Its always good to see someone reading the readme Rolf.

1) If you had those files then all is well - the installation will work ok - you should NOT delete them. Having a backup of them is however a good idea.

2) Don't worry - the fixer doesn't change very much.

I recommend that you take a test flight in DX9 and a test flight in DX10 preview before installation just to check all is well. This avoids me being blamed if there is an existing problem.

One thing to add, please don't accept the default installation in program files - choose another directory somewhere else.

I noticed that if you install into program files then it keeps reinstalling the C++ libraries every time you run the DX10 controller.

Hi Steve!

Very quick reply - thanks a lot.

Yes - procedures are understood!

Rolf

Rolf Niemi

Ok - read Readme, Manual, How to -guide and read forums and finally installed. I have all versions of the Fixer and tryed it many times before without successed but now - today I finally got the Fixer working by using a hard brain work. I was a little bit suprised that how much better sceneries (tetsted ORBX KORS area) looked out.

Yes - ofcourse - a one problem occured yet but it is KORS problem. I mean those flashing PAPI lights and I think that there is no solution for that...

Anyway - thank You Steve who made this "must be"-addon.

Rolf

Rolf Niemi

Hy Rolf,

the light-issue can be fixed with a lightfield.bgl.

I had the same problem with a Aerosoft Airport and the lightfield.bgl fixed that. The "how-to" is also in the manual in the light-section.

Saludos

Christian Schultz

Hi Christian!

I'll check this - thank You for Yours info.

Rolf

Rolf Niemi

Tested and papi of the KORS works perfectly now. Thank Yoy Christian!

Rolf

Rolf Niemi