Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

PMDG 747V2.0 update?

Is there anything new on the 747V2.0? I was under the impression that there would be something to "show" for all the hard work being done on it by now?

You should know the procedure by now. If they have something to show it will be stickied at the top of the forum where all the updates and news items are.

Jim Burke

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

True.

But unless im extremely blind, I thought it a little odd not one mention of it on the last update.  Usually on a well rounded update, there would be at least, something to the effect that the 747 v2 is coming along nicely but there is nothing to further show at this time. Perhaps there were setbacks. Or maybe we will be surprised with a sudden release in a few weeks. LOL   Nevermind , I just pinched myself.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I'm predicting a 1Q2016 release for the 744v2 as RSR likes to phrase it B)  I know from his posts, the recent releases in FSX:SE and P3D caused the PMDG Dev team to be pulled in a few different directions.  Just how much the 744v2 project slipped back is anyone's guess (Robert knows I'm sure), but it's not a secret how they operate with no news being good news.  Surely they didn't take all my hard earned dollars and run away to Tahiti :lol:

I've had the drool barrel ready for quite some time though...a Christmas surprise anyone??

Chris Sunseri

a Christmas surprise anyone??

I would hope in a "Ferragosto surprise" instead... 

James Goggi

Are we getting restless, herd? :P

Moo. :P :wink:

All the work necessary to get Steam versions working seems to have pushed the 747v2 back. Without that it might even have been released by now. I still hope it might be with us this summer or autumn.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Is there anything new on the 747V2.0? I was under the impression that there would be something to "show" for all the hard work being done on it by now?

Do some posters never learn?

All the work necessary to get Steam versions working seems to have pushed the 747v2 back. Without that it might even have been released by now.

By Jan 1st it should have been out end 1Q - beginning 2Q. Considering that the FSX SE/P3D issues have taken about 3 months, it should be out end 2Q - beginning 3Q... 

James Goggi

While I understand getting a little restless, I do find it odd that people assume that all of, or a predominant amount of, the changes and progress are visible (or interesting) enough to get regularly posted updates. In such a highly "app-based" environment where your iPads and iPhones get updates all the time, without much visible change (in most cases), it really does surprise me that so many think that there would be things to "show" - pictures or otherwise. Seriously, the next time you go to update an app on your phone, look at the change log. It's usually minor, boring stuff ("fixes for stability"). Imagine that as the development cycle.

When it comes to code - any code - a lot of the updates are:

• Made a thing to do a new thing.
  • Made a thing to do the same thing, but faster, and using fewer resources.
  • Made that thing that wasn't working 100% properly work 100% properly.
  • Made that thing that wasn't working at all work like the rest of all of the things.

It's really not all that exciting. In fact, some of the biggest development breakthroughs are intended to be completely transparent. So, when there's a long pause without some public announcement, it's safe to say that it would just be boring news. Just make something up in your head and wait until the next announcement:

"Man...it's been a long time since the last 744 announcement. They must've made something that was misbehaving deep down in the code, behave. Cool."

*runs off to post a question about something new, interesting, and engaging*

Kyle Rodgers

I think what most people are really looking forward to are some images of the cockpit itself.   That is what I am most excited to see.

Regards

Gentlemen, I see this from both sides.

There was a post in late December with external screen shots which included phrases like:

"show you more and more of the airplane very quickly"

"majority of the systems are in the airplane and functioning"

The post is here to save your searching: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/458930-31dec14-a-little-something-for-the-new-year/

So whilst I've resisted the temptation to ask, it did appear from that email that there was more to follow shortly. Now these things take time, but I feel PMDG might have mismanaged expectations a little - that's not a criticism for which I seek answers.... just an honest observation and I do not expect an argument about it. We're only human, and I'm sure the software will be worth the wait.

We are visual creatures by nature, and the need to "see" something is ingrained into our DNA.

I'd be willing to bet that if one of the PMDG staff took 30 mins to compose a few screens of the exterior, maybe a wing view or 2, a shot of the under carriage, spoilers deployed, etc....and titled the post "There is absolutely no updates in this post, just screenshots of the 744v2", it would soothe the savage beast known as the Persistent Mass of Dedicated Gamers (or PMDG for short) :lol:  

I know...we simmers don't like the tag "gamer", but that would make it PMDS and that just doesn't work.  :LMAO:

Anyway, I know any shots of the Queen, even without an update would be very well received here.  As for the folks who would insist on an update with the screens, I'd let the forum folk take care of them in the usual way, hehe.  Something like "What part of the title of the post did you not understand?" LOL.

Seeing the Queen in one of her delivery paints (take your pick...BA, Qantas, UAL, DAL, etc) or a few shots of the flight deck would put the post over the top for sure. :wink:

Thoughts?

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg