Sign in to follow this  
Peter22

Digital copit over head display off

Hi guys for some reason the overhead display typically used for take off or landing is not showing any data..I am missing something?

Please advise

Thanks

Pedro

737.jpg

If you havnt  forgotten to turn the hgs  on  than your ddl.xml has been corrupted, 3 ways of  fixing  this

1   Send your copy of  the dll.xml  in a support ticket  to pmdg  where  they will fix it  for  you and send  the ddl.xml back to you

2  If  you have  made a back up copy  of  your  data/roaming  file  etc   than just a matter of  copying  the ddl.xml  and pasting it  back in again

3    Uninstall  the ngx 737   and  do a complete reinstall not  the modify  way

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

He also have the analog gauge and not the digital ISFD installed and the older Honeywell MCP (note the orange background of displays), so he cannot even perform a full autoland "Fail Operational" capability also.

He also have the analog gauge and not the digital ISFD installed and the older Honeywell MCP (note the orange background of displays), so he cannot even perform a full autoland "Fail Operational" capability also.

Yes but that won't stop the HGS working. Analogue standby instruments don't prevent full autoland either. Presumably these are the correct options for the livery being used.

ki9cAAb.jpg

If the HGS Control Panel seems to function (select E L etc) then maybe it's a font issue?

Dan Downs KCRP

If you havnt  forgotten to turn the hgs  on  than your ddl.xml has been corrupted, 3 ways of  fixing  this

1   Send your copy of  the dll.xml  in a support ticket  to pmdg  where  they will fix it  for  you and send  the ddl.xml back to you

2  If  you have  made a back up copy  of  your  data/roaming  file  etc   than just a matter of  copying  the ddl.xml  and pasting it  back in again

3    Uninstall  the ngx 737   and  do a complete reinstall not  the modify  way

I am going to re-install from 0...and see what happends

Thanks

I am going to re-install from 0...and see what happends

Thanks

Got it back working

Thanks

Analogue standby instruments don't prevent full autoland either. Presumably these are the correct options for the livery being used.

From Introduction Manual 737NGX page 75:

"Conflict Note: If you wish to have “Fail Operational” autoland capability, you must have the digital ISFD installed on your flight deck. Fail Operational autoland capability is not possible with the analog standby system, as the analog gauges are not able to provide supplementary pitch/yaw/roll data to the autoland system."

This is what PMDG says and how 737NGX works (not my idea), just reading the manuals, you know....

What has  this got  to do with the op issues he didn't mentioned  anything   that you have brought up so cant  see why  you keep  bringing this up,  as Kevin has  stated  it  wouldn't prevent  the info being  displayed  on the hud

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

What has  this got  to do with the op issues he didn't mentioned  anything   that you have brought up so cant  see why  you keep  bringing this up,  as Kevin has  stated  it  wouldn't prevent  the info being  displayed  on the hud

Infact has nothing to do with the issue, and I never said that analogue gauge has something to do with HUD, neither that prevent the info being displayed on HUD. It was only a remarq looking at the picture. And Kevin talk clearly about autoland, and I quoted only that part.

I think you should read more careful my post before you answer.

Infact has nothing to do with the issue, and I never said that analogue gauge has something to do with HUD, neither that prevent the info being displayed on HUD. It was only a remarq looking at the picture. And Kevin talk clearly about autoland, and I quoted only that part.

I think you should read more careful my post before you answer.

Your original post was a just criticism of his choice of options "he cannot even perform a full autoland" which really was neither necessary nor to the point. In fact one of the features of using the HGS is to give guidance in bad weather to runways where autoland isn't possible.

Instead of accepting that was a mistake you chose to pick on an error I made. I'm happy to acknowledge that, how about you?

ki9cAAb.jpg

"Conflict Note: If you wish to have “Fail Operational” autoland capability, you must have the digital ISFD installed on your flight deck. Fail Operational autoland capability is not possible with the analog standby system, as the analog gauges are not able to provide supplementary pitch/yaw/roll data to the autoland system."

This is what PMDG says and how 737NGX works (not my idea), just reading the manuals, you know....

You can autoland with fail passive.. It just won't work if it fails, and the pilot will have to take over

when it does, instead of failing and still being operational due to fail op having the backup data

for the second AP channel.

You would need the ISFD backup and fail op for roll out guidance, which fail passive does not

provide.  The only plane I run that has the ISFD and fail op with roll out guidance is the pseudo

BBJ3 900 I have rigged up. All my others have analog backups with fail passive autoland.

With fail passive autoland, you disconnect the AP on touchdown. With roll out guidance, you

leave it on until you are slowed down and ready to exit the runway as the AP is guiding the

plane down the runway on the roll out unless you disconnect early and roll out by hand.

With the HGS, you can land Cat III by hand and not have to do an autoland. Which is how

Southwest operates for instance.. They don't do autolands at all, and instead use the HGS.

I think all that is right anyway.. If not, anyone feel free to correct me.. 

Instead of accepting that was a mistake you chose to pick on an error I made. I'm happy to acknowledge that, how about you?

Kevin I repeat, it wasn't criricism, it was just a note that I've made looking at that picture. And I didn't say that you have made some error but only that I have read on PMDG documentation what I say. I didn't say that he was wrong with the choice, but only that in that mode he cannot even perform an autoland. And I know that has nothing to do with the issue of this post. (again)

Everyone of course is free to coose the configuration of the plane, It didn't mean to be criticism. So don't take it like a personal remark. And the introduction manual don't explain much about the autoland system, and that's why I paste the phrase. You "confuse" me a little bit when you say that.

And the introduction manual don't explain much about the autoland system, and that's why I paste the phrase. You "confuse" me a little bit when you say that

That's why you go  to the fcom  for more detailed operation of the auto land system

Peter kelberg