Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Importing Flight Plans

Is there any way,----short of tediously inputting waypoint after waypoint manually into the FMC,---- importing flightplans created by such software available out there, such as AivlaSoft, PFPX, RouteFinder, etc?

In the Q400 I don't believe there is. Nothing in this aircraft is designed to make life easy!

I think the Majestic guys are all about doing it the same as in RW.  But having said that don't most airlines have systems for downloading routes, performance data etc. directly from dispatch ?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

In the Q400 I don't believe there is. Nothing in this aircraft is designed to make life easy!

Yeah, I have discovered that. Nevertheless, as challenging an aircraft as it is, and having purchased the Training Package from yourselves, it is a lovely plane for a turbo-prop to fly. Once I get the hang of initiating the VNAV mode to commence descent, I'll be in Nirvana. Glad I do not have to input long-haul flightplan waypoints! I'd be there till kingdom come.

A valid point, Mark.

Don't forget you can't arm VNAV until you're within a few minutes of TOD. As Josh stated in the Q400 course, once you're vectored by ATC off the LNAV track then VNAV disconnects anyhow so it's not a mode used so much in the real one.

Glad you enjoyed the Cadet course. We've been working hard on the First Officer course using the amazing shared cockpit function and there's some very interesting stuff in there.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Don't forget you can't arm VNAV until you're within a few minutes of TOD. As Josh stated in the Q400 course, once you're vectored by ATC off the LNAV track then VNAV disconnects anyhow so it's not a mode used so much in the real one.

Glad you enjoyed the Cadet course. We've been working hard on the First Officer course using the amazing shared cockpit function and there's some very interesting stuff in there.

Yes, I soon figured that as soon as deviated from the LNAV path the VNAV disconnected and have also been only engaging when within 2 mins to TOD, but more often than not, when I engage VNAV it does not seem to kick-in. Maybe I need to go back to the training again. Another thing that startles me is unlike most other jet tubeliners where the landing Vapp speed is throttled back, in this particular plane, it remains high. One has to resist the urge to pull back on the throttle.

As I said, a game-changing aircraft indeed, and well-modelled to real-life by Majestic. But I am getting so addicted to it.