Sign in to follow this  
AtlantaTracon

737-700 Will Not Start Engines

Okay guys, I bought the 737 ngx about a week ago (just moved to P3D from X-Plane) and had no problems. Today, I installed the 600/700 expansion pack and everything works fine until I get to the engine start up procedure. Then when I switch the ignition to L and set the ignition switch to ground the N2 will rise to 18.2% and go no further. I do not have this problem in the 737-800/900 only in the 737-600/700 Expansion. I follow this checklist precisely: http://www.carsten-rau.com/diverses/ivao/Checklist-737-PMDG-737NGX.pdf.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

P.S. I do have the legal, purchased, copy of the PMDG Base and Expansion pack

Did you switch the fuel cuttoff switch up right below the throttles?

Yup. I know all the flows, been flying flight sim for years. Even when I tried to switch the fuel cutoff switch to idle nothing would happen.

Yup. I know all the flows, been flying flight sim for years. Even when I tried to switch the fuel cutoff switch to idle nothing would happen.

Packs off?

Also, full names are required in the forum here.

Kyle Rodgers

Yes packs are off. I ran the scenario three different times loaded up from cold and dark and following this checklist: http://www.carsten-r...PMDG-737NGX.pdf

I haven't proofed that checklist in the sim to determine its accuracy, but I do see a few errors and redundancies that could point to the rest of the checklist simply being incorrect.

Like...this?

"### Check no discontinuities, delete any of them ###"

No. Very much no. Never just delete discons without verifying them. Sure, if you're RNAV'ing out of ATL, fine, but on the CAP8 out of IAD to SWANN/PALEO? Good luck explaining to the authorities why you busted P-56 because you simply deleted the discon after the initial altitude-based waypoint...

...in other words, I wouldn't trust that checklist. At all.

Try tutorial 2 instead. You should still be able to do it in the 600/700 and get the same results.

My apologies, I was not aware that full names were required. 

No worries. Thanks for making the adjustment. If you work at the TRACON down there and happen to talk to and of the TMU guys at ZTL, let 'em know I say hi!

Kyle Rodgers

I haven't proofed that checklist in the sim to determine its accuracy, but I do see a few errors and redundancies that could point to the rest of the checklist simply being incorrect.

Like...this?

"### Check no discontinuities, delete any of them ###"

No. Very much no. Never just delete discons without verifying them. Sure, if you're RNAV'ing out of ATL, fine, but on the CAP8 out of IAD to SWANN/PALEO? Good luck explaining to the authorities why you busted P-56 because you simply deleted the discon after the initial altitude-based waypoint...

...in other words, I wouldn't trust that checklist. At all.

Try tutorial 2 instead. You should still be able to do it in the 600/700 and get the same results.

No worries. Thanks for making the adjustment. If you work at the TRACON down there and happen to talk to and of the TMU guys at ZTL, let 'em know I say hi!

Still no luck and now the base package will not start engines either. N2 tops out at 18% and nothing happens when the fuel cutoff is switched to idle. I am going to do a complete reinstallation with my antivirus disabled and see if that corrects the issue. 

Still no luck and now the base package will not start engines either. N2 tops out at 18% and nothing happens when the fuel cutoff is switched to idle. I am going to do a complete reinstallation with my antivirus disabled and see if that corrects the issue. 

If the base package worked before and now it's spontaneously not working, my bet is that there's something else going on. Are you using a weather addon? FSUIPC?

Kyle Rodgers

Hummm.. With that low a N2, still sounds kinda like a packs issue, being that is about

what it would do with packs on if I remember right.

Hummm.. With that low a N2, still sounds kinda like a packs issue, being that is about

That was my thought, too, but he's claiming that it isn't the issue. Still, I'm doubting this is an issue with the plane, directly.

Kyle Rodgers

Yep just what I thought also, Sounds just like Packs ON.

Just tried with Pack's AUTO..... painfully slow raising  N2 and stops at......

n2.jpg

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

That was my thought, too, but he's claiming that it isn't the issue. Still, I'm doubting this is an issue with the plane, directly.

Yep just what I thought also, Sounds just like Packs ON.

Just tried with Pack's AUTO..... painfully slow raising  N2 and stops at......

n2.jpg

Hey guys, I do know that it sounds like a packs issue. And yes I did make absolutely certain. I wish I would have taken screenshots of my panels to show you. But I do have an update. I fully uninstalled the expansion and base package of the ngx, and now it works. Now when I have everything set up and I am ready to start engines, I switch ignition to the right side, switch the right ignition to gnd, and the N2 rises past 22% correctly and I am able to start the engines. I am not sure what the issue was, but unless I am going absolutely insane, it was something wrong with the aircraft. Not saying that it was an error by PMDG, I am sure that I must have done something while installing it that caused the issue. Thanks for all of your help, next time I will take screenshots :)

Glad you have it working okay

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Cleared while checking.

Dan Downs KCRP