Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

General Aviation AI pack. Got one?

After following this great guide regarding AI traffic, I was wondering if there are for example C172s and Piper Arrows available to be added as AI traffic.

Don't get me wrong, for my 'big plane' adventures, the initial guide worked wonders and lead to at least some movement in the skies while also saving fps due to the 'real' AI models (e.g. no cockpits, no sounds). But now those 737s and A320s seem to follow me around, so when I start on a grass strip, they do to! :o

I've checked the usual download locations but only found jets as AI packs, the smallest being the 737. Are there any good GA traffic packs available for free?

Thanks for your help. :smile:

and not for X-Plane

Ouch. :lol:

Well, unless I know how to convert them (legally), this isn't an option of course.

I think any GA aircraft with just a 2D panel or even those with older (flat) virtual cockpit will do.

For example, air.c74.net offers lots of older aircraft as free downloads (you need an user account in their forum).

http://www.c74.net/xplane/fx/viewforum.php?f=44

I found these aircraft to be rather FPS friendly when used as AI.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir