Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo05

Track IR and P3d 2.5

Guys,

I have installed my Track IR but cant seem to get it to work on P3d 2.5. It detects my DCS and works fine but not P3d. Any suggestions on how i can make this work please?

Regards

Hmmmm im using TrackIR in conjunction with EZDOK and it works perfectly. You can try to run TIR as admin and or check if you have simconnect properly installed. You will find all versions in UIRES folder in the main P3D2 directory.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "P3D Tips and Tricks" to "The Prepar3d General Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Gizmo05,

I had the same problem when I set up my Dad's P3D. DCS worked fine with tracker but P3D did not. Plus I had problems with the A2A aircraft.

It took me ages but I found the solution on the Prepar3d forums.

"Here is the 100% solution:

1. go to your Prepar3D folder and look for the folder redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

2. launch the .msi in there which will install the SP2 version of SimConnect.

TrackIR will work INSTANTLY after doing this.

(If this doesn’t do the trick on your PC, also install the SP1 version you can find in \Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib. However, installing the SP2 version alone should do the trick.)

BTW Installing this is also needed to get A2A aircraft working in P3D.

It seems that some people have to install this SimConnect version manually and some don’t. I had to install it, ever since v2.1, on both the PC’s I’ve used P3D on."

I installed SP1 and SP2. The strange thing is, I did the install to v2.5 for my PC and didn't have this problem, but I had been using v2.4 before, but on a different drive.

You need to update the 'game' updates which show in the top rh corner.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hi Guys,

Finally got it working. Followed M9Matt's direction. Thank you M9Matt.

Regards

It's Simconnect halting it. Since P3D, unlike FSX, does not install this component. That's why latest Ezdok update includes the setup file for it.

Hi, I have had an issue develop with My trackir software as well....as soon as I start it, it cause windows to blue screen or freeze. I am running win10 and its been fine for 5 weeks, just started doing it now.....no updates as far as I can tell either, so not sure where to look. Have re installed software, makes no difference....

Hi Guys,

Finally got it working. Followed M9Matt's direction. Thank you M9Matt.

Regards

No problem Gizmo. Hope it helps others. This also caused a block on A2A aircraft as well as the trackir problem .