Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

Cabin crew interaction

I read you can talk to the cabin crew but is there anything like playing announcements etc like in FS Passengers or is that a only FS Passengers option? I would like to use MCE by itself since it adds to the memory it uses in FSX. I am also thinking about getting RC4. Does anybody have any input on using them together?

Josh Scholl

I read you can talk to the cabin crew but is there anything like playing announcements etc like in FS Passengers or is that a only FS Passengers option? I would like to use MCE by itself since it adds to the memory it uses in FSX. I am also thinking about getting RC4. Does anybody have any input on using them together?

You are correct in that MCE runs outside FSX, unlike others!

Cabin crew/flight attendants are available and great fun to add yourself.

If you use your own recorded cabin crew responses(either recorded yourself or any .wav file, you can trigger them in MCE by adding them to voice commands. Just like when you say "gear down" and after the key press f/o replies "gear comming" etc. If you take a look at some of my FSX videos you will hear my flight attendants responding to my request for drinks/meals etc.

There is even a facility to use a flight engineer and include him/her in the checklists, (which were three way verifiable in the early jets!) It's all pre scripted, by you, but it sounds and looks like there are AI responses going on.

RC4 and MCE is a good marriage. The latest version of MCE has additional compatibility added. Again if you view some of my FSX videos, they all use MCE and RC4 and will show a little of what's possible.

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers,

David.

I actually wouldn't mind a way to toggle the MCE flight attendant on and off so that we could use our own .wavs exclusively, and even to have those .wavs triggered by events, such as departure from the gate or after landing. For this functionality now, I run Aerosoft FDE on a networked machine (via WideFS) with every feature turned off but the automatic crew announcements.

• Upvote 1

Download Marcus Thompson's FDSFX panel available here and other free flightsim download sites including different real world flight attendants audio files like Southwest, Delta, Air Jamaica and American.  I had a friend of mine who was a real world flight attendant on furlough (for a baby) record custom announcements for the CRJ (for my own personal use only-by agreement) but you could have any male or female friend do likewise with the scripts which are available here by Google search from Pinnacle Airlines.  it comes with really good documentation on how to do this. It is a gauge for the panel which triggers announcements by p/b on the panel. It is frame-rate friendly as well.  i have used the stock version for years and you can find MY DASH 8 custom panel here on AVSIM for download.