Sign in to follow this  
N405GJ

The Hawker is Released

DownDiver, did you already try a reinstallation with a right click 'run as admin' and all antivirus stuff and things set to off? I'm aware that this is a rather generic advice but the symptoms of yours sound like something basic is to blame. :mellow:

I'm running a 4.3GHz AMD FX with an ATI R290 video care with 16G of RAM so the system can handle pretty much anything

I would agree. This hardware won't stop you from anything.

Carenado and Alabeo, both have a refund policy in place. Factual information doesn't start with one user (most likely one who's never bought the product) making wild claims. Others jumping on that wonky basis without fact-checking surely doesn't help. Similarities to how corporate media works are purely coincidental. ^_^

Stated on their receipt?  That's convenient.  Funny they don't have it ANYWHERE in their store.  Might be a good thing for them to add somewhere!

I'm making a particular fuss about this plane because I want a good one so badly and because Carenado could put a little more effort into testing and create a much better product.  For whatever reason no developer has made a complex medium or large business jet that meets modern standards.  I'd pay quite a lot of money for a good one if it were available.  It'd accumulate hours faster than any other bird in my hangar.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Over the years I've purchased every aircraft from Carenado that they produce. For all of those other planes they have all installed without a problem (as did the 850XP) and all worked out of the box. But the frame rates on the Hawker are appalling. I'm getting rates of 1, maybe 1.2 and are so low as to make it unflyable. I'm running a 4.3GHz  AMD FX with an ATI R290x video card with 16G of RAM so the system can handle pretty much anything.

After all of the aircraft I've purchased from Carenado I'm pretty happy with their products, but this one is a departure from the norm.

I'm sure they're monitoring the forums for comments and have probably been surprised by the stellar, glowing comments on this release. Any help I can provide to get this plane running will be forthcoming. I like the model and eye candy and would like a solid light jet to tool around in. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on this one...but only for a few days until it is fixed an usable. After that I'll look elsewhere.

I'm about to complete my circumnavigation of Australia with single/twin props and am looking for something a bit quicker and that can fly higher.

No offence mate Flight sim hates AMD and ATI I gained 20 fps when I switched from a FX-8350 @4.5ghz to a I7-4790K @ 4.5ghz the rest of the new system besides the mobo was reused parts from my AMD build. AMD is way behind in per core performance which is what FS needs to run smooth. I usally get 35 FPS (locked) in the air and in the 28-35 region on the ground at payware airports in the Hawker

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Stated on their receipt? That's convenient.

I'd agree that actually promoting the refund policy of theirs would be even better. I think it's a very reassuring detail concerning 'digital' purchases and, together with systems like the one from Flight1, still stands out positively. :smile: Way to go!

And, adding to Rich's praises, I'd also like to thank David for showcasing this plane. I'd also welcome some night videos, showing the landing lights, perhaps ground effects and the instruments in action.

The on/off floodlights are a bit of a bummer, but the rest seems like it's adjustable. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd agree that actually promoting the refund policy of theirs would be even better. I think it's a very reassuring detail concerning 'digital' purchases and, together with systems like the one from Flight1, still stands out positively. :smile: Way to go!

And, adding to Rich's praises, I'd also like to thank David for showcasing this plane. I'd also welcome some night videos, showing the landing lights, perhaps ground effects and the instruments in action.

The on/off floodlights are a bit of a bummer, but the rest seems like it's adjustable. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ill make a evening/night one in a bit

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

No offence mate Flight sim hates AMD and ATI I gained 20 fps when I switched from a FX-8350 @4.5ghz to a I7-4790K @ 4.5ghz the rest of the new system besides the mobo was reused parts from my AMD build. AMD is way behind in per core performance which is what FS needs to run smooth. I usally get 35 FPS (locked) in the air and in the 28-35 region on the ground at payware airports in the Hawker

Yeah, I know that AMD is behind on cores and performance...but I used to work for Cyrix (ever heard of them) as a Product/Test engineer on all of their chips and still harbor some animosity towards Intel for their business practices...we did beat them on MHz when that was important...I should probably get over that...it's been 20+ years.

The next system I build will be bleeding edge and most likely Intel/nVidia based but it'll grind to have to pay the exorbitant Intel prices when I know what goes into building microprocessors (it's a racket this technology thing!).

That said, after deleting the Hawker and reinstalling as Admin I still get horrid frame rates.

DownDiver, did you already try a reinstallation with a right click 'run as admin' and all antivirus stuff and things set to off? I'm aware that this is a rather generic advice but the symptoms of yours sound like something basic is to blame. :mellow:

I would agree. This hardware won't stop you from anything.

Still horrid frame rates after delete and reinstall as Admin.

System:   AMD FX-9370 4.4GHz, 16G RAM, Asus Crosshair V Formula Z, MSI 1080ti STRIXI, Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Coolermaster Cosmos case, 1200W PSU, 1-256G Intel SSD, 4-512G Samsung 840 Pro SSDs, 1-1Tb Samsung 840 Pro SS, 6Tb+ external USB disk space, Prepar3D V4.3, All MegaSceneryEarth, REX OD, All ORBX

Thats great that they offer a refund so nobody is going to get locked in to an overpriced under performing plane however if the refund comes with a receipt ie after the purchase then that's  poor business practice as it appears along with myself that most had no idea that is was there.

ZORAN

Guys check your weights when talking about fde and performance...  

See my revised impressions post here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/467306-hawker-my-first-impressions/#entry3225782

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Have you guys noticed that they are editing out a lot of the negative comments on their Facebook page? Sad to see a business resorting to that.

Edit: just found out through a well known person that actually bought the plane that they (carenado) blocked him from posting comments on their Facebook page, he also pointed out that several comments of people complaining were edited.

Bernardo Bersik

PhotoSim Labs

Start cold and dark startup tutorial. Not the best but it may help someone. I didn't follow every procedure but I got the job done haha.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

AP and all of that was working perfect as far as I know - take notice hover mouse over AP and stuff like that it will let you know in what state its in as there are no lights that come on not sure if real aircraft has them

The PFD is supposed to display the current AP states... this works part of the time in this release... not always, though.

Bert

Stated on their receipt?  That's convenient.  Funny they don't have it ANYWHERE in their store.  Might be a good thing for them to add somewhere!

I'm making a particular fuss about this plane because I want a good one so badly and because Carenado could put a little more effort into testing and create a much better product.

As far as I know there is no law that says they have to put their refund policy in the store. If they want to put it on the receipt then that is up to them. Don't blame Carenado because you didn't read your receipt. I didn't know what their refund policy was either when I bought the S550 Citation but I emailed their customer service and politely asked for a refund. Guess what the answer was? They said it would be no problem and even gave me the option for credit towards another aircraft or a regular refund. I asked to get my money back and they refunded me my money no questions asked.

Yes, everyone wants Carenado to make a good bizjet but everyone here knows perfectly well what kind of products Carenado makes. They are not A2A or PMDG, they don't focus on systems and everyone here knows that. I think the majority of people here who have bought the Hawker know Carenado's reputation and know what to expect. If the people on this thread that are complaining about Carenado and dislike Carenado so much then why do they keep coming back to this forum every time they release a product? I came on here to read some first impressions/reviews on an aircraft, not to see a bunch of people bashing Carenado. If you don't like the company then stop buying their products, simple as that. I do not like Captain Sim products, but you won't find me trolling the CS forums and bashing them every time they release a prodcut.

Thats great that they offer a refund so nobody is going to get locked in to an overpriced under performing plane however if the refund comes with a receipt ie after the purchase then that's  poor business practice as it appears along with myself that most had no idea that is was there.

So let me get this straight. You didn't read your receipt so you are blaming them. I'll admit I don't read all the fine print on most of my receipts too but you know what I did when I wanted a refund on their S550? I emailed their support staff and politely asked for a refund. I'll admit their customer service is a little slow but a week later they did reply to me and I did receive a refund. That was it! It was really that easy, just ask. If a company doesn't have a refund policy clearly stated somewhere then it doesn't hurt to ask them, the worst they'll say is no.

Samuel Scully