Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Carenado Hawker 850XP in P3Dv2.4 Quick Review Video

My quick review video. Please understand I'm just flying by the seat of my pants so if my flying looks poor its the first time I've flown this plane.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Very nice David (I've had to watch this on mute as I'm in a meeting   :lol: ...).

Sure you cover it, but what are your initial impressions on performance? It looks darn smooth in the video.

Dylan, you need to watch again with full audio. David goes into quite a bit of detail with his impressions of the performance... ^_^

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Nice video David!!!  Is does seem that Carenado came up short on this airplane.

Great looks poor performance. Sounds like some of my ex's..

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I can't get the FMS to fly Direct To. It just goes and finds to original route

AMD 5800X | Nvidia 3090 FE | Samsung CRG9 49 inch monitor | Samsung M.2 NVMe 1TB|  3, 1TB SSDs| 32GB DDR4 @3600 cl 16| Windows 10|X-plane 11, MS2020

You should be able to LSK the waypoint you want and place it on the active one - that worked for me

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Pleased to have seen this........ definitely not springing for this one.   Just more of the same Carenado unconvincingness.    Not even tempted.

Great looks poor performance. Sounds like some of my ex's..

Ouch! :lol::good:

I can't disagree with that... but this one did take a lot longer than their other products.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I can't disagree with that... but this one did take a lot longer than their other products.

That sort of points out why we have made enough excuses for them over the years. Even after taking quite a long time and I am guessing that they think this is a major break through the reported results seem to be much the same. Raising the price to match the top developers does not make you product better. I used to buy quite a lot of their products just thinking that I was supporting them and the hobby and that things would improve. LOL just another one of my great plans!! Flussssh!

Steps down off the soap box....ah...uh feeling much better now. :t0103:

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/