Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Hawker my first impressions

I really want to drive home the point that without proper literature it's difficult to learn how this thing works.

Ryan, although this is specifically for the KA-350i's version of the PL-21 system, it should be helpful in coming to grips with what you want to know:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4eptxu89ujs025/King%20Air%20PL21%20w%20IFIS.pdf?dl=0

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ryan, although this is specifically for the KA-350i's version of the PL-21 system, it should be helpful in coming to grips with what you want to know:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4eptxu89ujs025/King%20Air%20PL21%20w%20IFIS.pdf?dl=0

I actually have that already :)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

hope someone can produce a really good cold and dark tutorial for this plane,i am having a hell of a time trying to figure out the systems to do a basic autoland,a great looking plane,

but horrible systems :-(

hope someone can produce a really good cold and dark tutorial for this plane,i am having a hell of a time trying to figure out the systems to do a basic autoland,a great looking plane,

but horrible systems :-(

Same ... I made a new post about it in this sub forum....  I need a "how to start an H25B from cold and dark for Dummies" book

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Autoland?? There's no autoland in a Pro Line 21 is there???

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ok... there is a PDF with the checklists. While it's not for 'dummies'... it does help.

However, fair warning... the battery has 4 minutes of power before total shutdown. Get the APU powering the aircraft, or you'll not make it through the checklist.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I actually have that already :)

Ah well, maybe it will help someone else then.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

has anyone had an experience where the aircraft didn't hold your selected altitude during the decent while in VNAV? I was flying an approach and the FMS had an altitude of 2000 for a particular waypoint. I selected 3000 on the autopilot and the aircraft should have held 3000 but it didn't.

Also, when using the landing lights, it has 3 settings, OFF. TAXI AND LANDING. I was wondering if anyone can confirm whether in the LANDING selection, the taxi light it turned off and only the wing landing lights work?

Both the taxi and landing lights are turned on when the switch is set to LANDING.

Both the taxi and landing lights are turned on when the switch is set to LANDING.

Well that's odd, because my taxi light goes out with the switch is set to LANDING

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

Nose taxi lights should be on whenever either landing or taxi lights are on. Wing taxi lights are only on when taxi lights are on.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Autoland?? There's no autoland in a Pro Line 21 is there???

Hopefully that wasn't directed at me as I know that of course.  But I was agreeing that more documentation would be nice.  And by that I don't mean a 700 page real world manual.  That might work with PMDG aircraft but it doesn't work for Carenado.  I'd love to see a diagram with flows for the OH panel or flows during checklists.  Basically a picture of what steps to take.  But I think I did miss the HP cocks just haven't had time to fly it again.

Additionally Carenado emailed me and said they'd fix about six items I reported (mostly minor stuff) but they also described to me how to delete duplicate waypoints from the FMS.  You know when you DTO sometimes it adds the same waypoint?  They say press the DELETE key then LSK the waypoint from the right.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Thanks for keeping us posted, Ryan. Looking forward to some of the service packs but I think you already have a huge point regarding the FDE's accuracy. Bernt Stolle doesn't disappoint.

Currently, I'm not too impressed with what they offer on the FMC side of things but, according to your reports, it seems like at least some items (waypoint clutter for example) received improvements.

Keep on flying. :smile:

Ah well, maybe it will help someone else then.

Very helpful, thank you!

Mauricio Brentano