Sign in to follow this  
annber

Carenado blocking negative comments on Facebook

I do agree with you to a certain extent. I should have clarified in my post that I understand that they have the right to remove whatever posts they want from their Facebook page. That doesn't mean that they should, however. A developer's Facebook page can act something like the equivalent of yelp or trip advisor for their customers who don't know/care about forums like avsim, and allows them to broadcast their displeasure with a product to potential customers if something is wrong. If a negative comment is posted, I believe that a developer should keep it up in the interest of fairness and openness. In fact, they may even use it to their advantage, as by replying to a negative comment by offering help they can seem like they care about their customers and will do what they can to make a problem right. 

It's also the same problem here.
A few days ago I tried to make some complains about a Milviz product on Avsim forum. A Milviz commercial member who is also a moderator (this is the problem) remove all my posts. They contact me by email and refund me for this product... nice...

... I don't support Carenado's practice of releasing $50 aircraft that in effect don't work like $50 aircraft...

That's why I wait until the Christmas Sale to buy Carenado; then, it's not such a hit on the Wallet if the Airplane turns out to be a bust.

However, with my 'new' Laptop, Carenado's offerings sure do seem to 'work' better than on my old rig!

IMHO (read: Humble), I think the Forums are a better place to get Feedback than other venues like FB. One tends to get a more rounded view of what's good, and bad.

:smile:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

..remove all my posts.

One post was hidden, not removed. It was not the least bit useful, and did not ask for any help.

I have "unhidden" it now so everyone can now see it in all its banality:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/464650-kingair-350-speedcharts/#entry3219247

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

ahah funny, my previous message is still missing

If it's anything like the one referenced above... probably better off missing. Just saying.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

All points posted here certainly each have validity. I can see where anyone wanting to drop $50 on a download would certainly want to hear it all, "the good, bad and the ugly" but how Carenado would sneer at negative comments on their Facebook page.  My wife posts to her Facebook almost daily.  If any of her friends were to say negative comments, I assure you she would "unfriend" them.  However, to the topic starters point, I believe Carenado is giving the impression that there's nothing negative with their products with is totally misleading. I believe the real gripe here is that we, as customers, that allow them to stay in business have to solve most of their issues amongst ourselves.  Every other major product developer has a dedicated forum in which you can post general topics, make suggestions, as well as receive  technical support  for their products.  Is that too much to ask of Carenado???   The just of the matter is that many of us are frustrated with them.  They expect us to buy from them, however, provide little to no support, and then when we have legitimate complaints or suggestions they go on deaf ears.  We, their customers, have to talk amongst ourselves to come up with solutions.  The really sad part about all that's being said is, they probably won't even read this, or if they do, they will never make acknowledgment of it.  I once made a reply on another general forum about another company's product that I felt I would not be purchasing because I didn't feel the pricing was fair.  To my surprise, the lead developer of this product, addressed my post and stated exactly why they were charging this price.  I was so amazed by this that I ended up making the purchase after all.  Fact is, the product developer cared enough about his product that he wanted to hear any and everything that was being said about it!  Wake up Carenado and smell the coffee!!!!!!

Gary

Perhaps if they spent less time on Facebook and more time actually crafting the product they are ridiculously hyping, there would be fewer complaints and more satisfied customers saying nice things.

I'm now twice-bitten by these scurrilous rogues. There will not be a third time.

I wouldn't buy the Hawker even if they paid me. And somehow I don't think I'll regret my decision. <_<

If someone camped outside your store window with picket signs, wouldn't you tell them to leave?

You could ask, but they would not have to if they were on a public sidewalk. Maybe not the best analogy, but I understand your point.

However, deleting posts is not the best way to handle things like that, because they will just pop up elsewhere on the internet - which I have no control over....

That is very true, and clearly a risk many companies are willing to take. Personally, I find that engaging the customer is a better solution, but there is a reason businesses post signs saying "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"

but if they continue down their path of censorship and releasing overpriced products, they won't be getting another dime from me. 

The term "censorship" is a bit aggressive, but overall I agree - voting with your wallet has the most impact on a developer.

You cannot then delete the negative ones

Of course you can. There is a button coded specifically for that purpose.

It doesn't bother me that Carenado deletes posts. It does not affect my life one bit. And I still fly the crap out of the AG Truck and Skymaster.

If it's anything like the one referenced above... probably better off missing. Just saying.

hum... I completely disagree. In any case, censorship is evil!

First, this person is dishonest because he has removed 2/3 posts before and after this one. There was not only one post, he lied.

Second, I can't understand that commercial members can be moderators, this is nonsense.

3/ Anyway, it's better to communicate with unhappy customers instead of "get back your money and shut up" and censor/remove messages.

4/ The last answer was "However, you will not be allowed to purchase any of our pedicures directly in the future.". This joke... Sorry mate, but it's my job so...

facebook, avsim, same censorship from commercial teams...

Oh based on your user name I'm quite certain you disagree and believe that you have the right to say whatever you want and no one should be able to shut you up.

However, there is no freedom of speech in these forums and commercial members do indeed have the right to moderate their own commercial support forums.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

hum... I completely disagree. In any case, censorship is evil!

First, this person is dishonest because he has removed 2/3 posts before and after this one. There was not only one post, he lied.

You have made 16 posts here at AVSIM. Every single one of them is easily visible to anyone with eyes to see, and the will to read.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

"Every single one of them is easily visible to anyone"
What you are dishonest!...
What is a sense of a single post without the context nor the conversation?

do you really think people browses all members' profile in order to rebuild censored conversations?

and you are still lying...
my posts have been removed, I can't find them from my profile...
it's a good value for a moderator...

Hi,

As a commerical developer I can see why you would want that to go missing. So he thinks it's ugly, so what... It's not like he is cursing out the company and or owners/developers. If your skin isn't thick enough to handle it's ugly... You're in the wrong bisiness.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck