Sign in to follow this  
rondon9898

PMDG sounds

Hopefully we won't hear the kid screaming behind you in seat 5F :P

*shudder*

Naw, the buzzsaw hairdryers do enough screaming on their own.

(In all actuality, I do think the RB211s are some of the coolest sounding out there, despite looking wholly stupid and hairdryer-like. :P )

Kyle Rodgers

*shudder*

Naw, the buzzsaw hairdryers do enough screaming on their own.

(In all actuality, I do think the RB211s are some of the coolest sounding out there, despite looking wholly stupid and hairdryer-like. :P )

Nothing says "hairdryer" like the CFM56-5C on the A340.

I don't know if it was just the aircraft Air France kept sending to us, but the one we serviced had the distinction of letting us hear all the fan blades shift in their slots as the fans turned in the wind and gravity kept dropping them as they came around.

Nothing says "hairdryer" like the CFM56-5C on the A340.

I don't know if it was just the aircraft Air France kept sending to us, but the one we serviced had the distinction of letting us hear all the fan blades shift in their slots as the fans turned in the wind and gravity kept dropping them as they came around.

I think the BR715s of the B717s sound more like hair dryers than any other engine out there. But damn do they sound awesome when you're taking off  :lol: Sounds like something from Star Wars. Best engine sound by far!

All jet engines will do this to a certain degree. Some are louder than others.

Kyle Rodgers

I think the BR715s of the B717s sound more like hair dryers than any other engine out there. But damn do they sound awesome when you're taking off  :lol: Sounds like something from Star Wars. Best engine sound by far!

Less of a high pitch hair dryer than a low buzz of a buzz-saw, reminded me of the beautiful C-141 Starlifter which had a very powerful buzz during initial climb.  Love it:

612775_dryden_1997_zpsvuteidqo.jpg

Dan Downs KCRP