Sign in to follow this  
ramprat

Autopilot

Rats that's a shame. Now we've gotta get this FMS figured out.

I think it is going to be like the Citation..  some of us will get the FMS working better, and some of us will go the GTN 750 route.

For now, we should be leaning on Carenado to make the airplane they designed work as well as possible.

Later, when they move on, we can pick up the pieces and modify to our hearts content  B)

Bert

The FLC sort of works - but it's buggy. It doesn't seem to be correcting when reducing speed, and the correction when you're reaching up to the set speed isn't fast enough.

Next step is to delve into the coding...

Agreed... I wrote C about this

I think it is going to be like the Citation..  some of us will get the FMS working better, and some of us will go the GTN 750 route.

Except one guy already tried and the GTN won't talk to the PL21....  :(

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Except one guy already tried and the GTN won't talk to the PL21....   :(

Not without making some changes to the autopilot.. ^_^

Bert

Later, when they move on, we can pick up the pieces and modify to our hearts content B)

And they know this very well, that's why they continue to throw these out of the door untested.

Because the same folks will pick up the pieces and the same folks will buy their next buggy unrealistic product as soon as it is released.

Hand on heart, if it was your business why would you want to change a winning formula ?

The next one will be $55 because they got away with charging $50 and still folks cannot get enough of these Carenado's.

I really do not get it, why do experienced simmers especially here at Avsim put up with this stuff release after release.

I don't regret the purchase....  I don't mind tinkering with stuff either.  Carenado has been very receptive of my emails as we've exchanged at least 6 in the last 24 hours.

But please keep your thoughts about people who do purchase to yourself.  A nice bizjet is something I'm willing to fight for... I'm not dumb or slow or anything, I'm not one of those suckers born every minute - just a guy who really really likes GA and am willing to go to great lengths to get one working.  I understand what I'm getting into, and I understand the difference between A2A Skylane at 50 bucks and this Hawker.  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I don't regret the purchase....  I don't mind tinkering with stuff either.  Carenado has been very receptive of my emails as we've exchanged at least 6 in the last 24 hours.

But please keep your thoughts about people who do purchase to yourself.  A nice bizjet is something I'm willing to fight for... I'm not dumb or slow or anything, I'm not one of those suckers born every minute - just a guy who really really likes GA and am willing to go to great lengths to get one working.  I understand what I'm getting into, and I understand the difference between A2A Skylane at 50 bucks and this Hawker.  

Ryan,

Thank you for your efforts and I agree 100%. This one is worth improving! I hope Carenado treats this bird with the respect that it deserves.

I also hope that the simmers who don't like how Carenado fails to fix their add-ons, to please complain to Carenado via e-mail. I did not buy the Citation because there were so many poor reviews about bugs that were never addressed. Plus, I also have 2 good Citations. I wanted the Hawker with the Proline 21 Avionics.

If you're an experienced simmer, when you buy Carenado you know what you'll get. If you think is expensive or buggy, don't buy it, or wait until it goes on sale.

Complaining here is not going to get Carenado to improve their add-ons.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I wanted the Hawker with the Proline 21 Avionics.

You got a Hawker, but you didn't get the Pro Line 21 Avionics. Not by any stretch of one's imagination.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

You got a Hawker, but you didn't get the Pro Line 21 Avionics. Not by any stretch of one's imagination.

Ed,

I understand, but I'm not looking for a type rating on the hawker. My expectations were exactly what I'm experiencing for an FSX sim that is primarily for entertainment purposes.

If I really wanted to get proficient on Pro Line 21 Avionics, I would get this:

http://www.kingschools.com/avionics-courses/rockwell-collins/Pro-Line-21-King-Air

or the more affordable Milviz 350i for a more robust simulation.

Comprende?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Is it that so hard to kinda reverse the ap logic for the developer?

Thanks,

Dirk.

or the more affordable Milviz 350i for a more robust simulation.

Is it out already?

Has anyone tried to fly an ILS approach on autopilot in this thing? In my case it was just bouncing around the glideslope in total chaos. In the end I had to give up the autopilot or else it would have smashed me into the ground. I would have at least expected an ILS approach to work..

Has anyone tried to fly an ILS approach on autopilot in this thing? In my case it was just bouncing around the glideslope in total chaos. In the end I had to give up the autopilot or else it would have smashed me into the ground. I would have at least expected an ILS approach to work..

Same here . ILS approach worked very well with the first version. Strange....

Real Deraps

Hello,
I know this thread is old enough but someone can help me.
I agree with everything that has been said above. I have this plane for some time already and I was attracted at the time by the quality and the realism of the graphics. Having made progress, I am now having difficulty flying with this aircraft because of the autopilot which is causing problems to maintain a correct flight plan. Proline21 also knows some malfunctions that can be bypassed but that complicate the completion of the flight plan.

I asked Carenado if they plan to work soon on the beechscraft H850XP autopilot . This addon was released in 2013 with an update in 2018 for the P3D v4. I think too that these malfunctions will be more or less reproduced on the other addons of Carenado (AP, Carenado Navigraph and Prolin21). This is already the case for 2 of my Addons.

At this point, I am looking for a business jet (like Falcon, H850XP,  ... ) with the following features :
- prepar3D v4 compatibility 
- very good flying realism
- very good graphics realism
- autopilot working without bug.
An idea ?
Thank you in advance for your advice.

Edited by Livingston

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700F - RAM 32 - RTX 3070 - SSD Blue 1T -  Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Track IR - Optical fiber

5 minutes ago, Livingston said:

Hello,
I know this thread is old enough but someone can help me.
I agree with everything that has been said above. I have this plane for some time already and I was attracted at the time by the quality and the realism of the graphics. Having made progress, I am now having difficulty flying with this aircraft because of the autopilot which is causing problems to maintain a correct flight plan. Proline21 also knows some malfunctions that can be bypassed but that complicate the completion of the flight plan.

I asked Carenado if they plan to work soon on the beechscraft H850XP autopilot . This addon was released in 2013 with an update in 2018 for the P3D v4. I think too that these malfunctions will be more or less reproduced on the other addons of Carenado (AP, Carenado Navigraph and Prolin21). This is already the case for 2 of my Addons.

At this point, I am looking for a business jet (like Falcon, H850XP,  ... ) with the following features :
- prepar3D v4 compatibility 
- very good flying realism
- very good graphics realism
- autopilot working without bug.
An idea ?
Thank you in advance for your advice.

If you own a GTN 750, it can be substituted and fix all of your problems..

https://www.simforums.com/forums/flight1-gtn-in-carenado-hawker_topic52473.html

Bert

Answer Carenado about Autopilot :

Carenado Support, Dec 13, 16:19 -03:
Greetings,
We do, is part of our plan to improve the Proline21 avionics, however, we don't have an estimated time yet.
We suggest to stay tuned to our facebook page for updates and news.
Regards,
Carenado.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700F - RAM 32 - RTX 3070 - SSD Blue 1T -  Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Track IR - Optical fiber