Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

Traffic Sounds 3D for P3D now has a MyTraffic 6 installer

Now that MyTraffic 6 is out, I've been pestering Alan Constable for a dedicated installer for his fantastic AI sound addon... and he very kindly obliged by building us an updated installer (talk about great service ^_^ ): 

Here are the simplified instructions:

- Install the main program into the X:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft

- Run the Alias installer and point it to MT directory

- Tweak the audio levels to you liking. That's it!

Loving the difference over stock (and even over his original addon). The CFMs, GEs and PWs now have a much more unique sound-sets and noticeably better sample rates when they're rumbling by...

Edited by firehawk44
link removed

Interesting. Is this an addon that enhances the sound of the AI without any downsides?

I always felt AI sound was very low or just bad. Can you hear it from VC cockpit?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi Michael,

I had very similar gripes, and that's exactly what this addon addresses. It replaces the rather monotonous and unidirectional AI sounds with ones that are much more realistic IMO, with no impact to performance. Best part is you can really tell the difference between the sample sets (i.e. a 747 doesn't sound like an A320 etc.) so it injects some nice variety into the sim.

The package includes sound sets for GA and military AI as well (which is why it's such a good fit with MyTraffic, as the new alias installer handles those automatically too). 

And yes, you can hear the AI from the VC...turbine sounds as they come up in front, transitioning to a rumble as they pass.

Cheers,

Dylan

p.s. might be a bit late to the party, but just discovered that EditVoicePack also now has a dedicated P3D installer... think that completes the trifecta of AI addons in my book (traffic, sounds, and now ATC)  :lol:  

Found out about this today and immediately went to Simmarket and bought Traffic Sounds 3D

I was using the flight1 Audio environment X airliner edition but have now uninstalled it as it does not look like they will update it for MT6

So far I am liking it a lot.

Thanks for the link, I think I have it working.  

Question though: is it normal that the sounds are much louder coming from the front of the planes than from the rear?  For example, when I'm sitting beside a runway, I can hear the plane spool up and get louder as it approaches, but then when it goes by the sounds decrease by a fair bit (and aren't that rumbly, if you know what I mean). Just wondering if that is normal or if I have a problem somewhere that I need to sort out.

Any help appreciated.

Ok but flight1 Audio environment X  adds a lot more immersion environment wise - traffic sounds 3d does not correct ?     ------      flight1 Audio environment X is great for this

Rich Sennett

Thanks DylanM for pursuing this with Alan and posting here.

Clayton

Please, where can I find detailed install instructions. I just re-downloaded from Simmarket but could not find any hint on P3Dv2 or MTX6 for P3D.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

is it normal that the sounds are much louder coming from the front of the planes than from the rear?
Hi Harmer, you should be getting a jet "rumble" once the aircraft moves away from you. I know the setup guide has some recommended in-sim audio levels (and those are what I'm using). Another thing to check is that the your speaker sizes and type are set correctly in the Windows control panel, and you select your sound card as the default audio output device within P3D. If you're still having an issue, just ping Alan I bet he'll help (that's what I did...!)

Ok but flight1 Audio environment X  adds a lot more immersion environment wise - traffic sounds 3d does not correct ?     ------      flight1 Audio environment X is great for this

Hi Rich, I don't use Audio Environment X so I can't speak empirically whether immersion is more or less. All AI aircraft sounds (including military and GA as well as choppers) have upgraded sounds, and TS3D also supports surround sounds @ 5.1 and 7.1. I think this is also the only package at the moment that has support for P3D and MT6 (which is why it's been great to have the dev on board).

Thanks DylanM for pursuing this with Alan and posting here.

Clayton

NP Clayton! I'll come clean and say this started off as a purely selfish endeavor :lol:...awesome that Alan listened.   

p.s. and a mea culpa to Firehawk for the external link...thank you for fixing up my post.

Please, where can I find detailed install instructions. I just re-downloaded from Simmarket but could not find any hint on P3Dv2 or MTX6 for P3D.

Harry, I'm guessing the simmarket package still hasn't been updated to include the new separate alias installer...

You can still get it to work. Give these instructions a try:

- Run the installer you've got and install the main package into X:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft (I believe P3D/FSX is the first bullet within the setup options)

- Download the separate MT6 alias installer (I just got permission from Alan and will be posting that here in the Avsim file library)

- Run the Alias installer and point it to the Mytraffic\Aircraft directory

Go here for the support forum

http://forum.simflight.com/forum/121-aconstable-traffic-sounds-support-forum/

Nobody reads install documentation these days

Basically follow the instructions to install Traffic sounds 3D and select the option for FSX sounds which is the option at the top of the screen.

These are the main sound files that go into /Simobjects/misc *not any of the other options lower down * these are the aliases for all of the listed traffic packages, for MT6 you will need the Alias installer from the support site.

Once this has installed to /Simobjects/misc then copy the Traffic3D_Sounds folder from there to your /MyTraffic/Aircraft folder.

Then download the alias installer from http://forum.simflight.com/topic/79175-mytraffic-professional-v6-alias-installer/ and point it to your /MyTraffic/aircraft folder

That's it, enjoy

Hi Glynn - just sent you a pm. I'll be uploading the Alias Installer to the Avsim file library shortly.

Dylan, Glynn

Thank you for your advices. I am still confused. When I checked and downloaded my 'Alan Constable Simmarket downloads' I have three possibilities:

- Traffic_Sounds_FSX_Extreme (141 MB)

- AC-TrafficSounds-FSX (53.2 MB)

- AC-TrafficSounds-FSX-Update1 (1.23 MB)

I already have downloaded the Alias Installer which is called:

- MTV6 (7.46 MB).

But I will go to the Support forum to ask Alan directly. Thank you for the link.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Hi Harry, looks like you need to go back and download the P3D version of the installer (there should be two versions for download).

I have installed it for P3d2.5 and the V6 update to my Mytraffic/aircraft folder but no sounds

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png