Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

CV-580 During Early Years of Tweto Family

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

All of you might remember Flying Wild Alaska tv show featuring Jim Tweto, his wife, and his two daughters as well as his airline Era Airline.  

During early years of Tweto family when their two daughters were babies, presenting Era flight many moon years ago from PAUN Unalakleet Airport located one nautical mile north of the central business district of Unalakleet, Alaska to PAOM Nome Airport located two nautical miles west of the central business district of Nome,  of Alaska.

At gate waiting to be boarded

er1_zpsuvge6l7v.jpg

Yes it is FREEZING COLD at the gate!!!

er2_zpsnk1yvwhk.jpg

Starting engines

er3_zpsh2vgkvjg.jpg

Starting to taxi to short of runway 14 where you can see in background Jim Tweto's famous red plane and ERA's famous green building. If you can see the pickup truck next to the green building, that is the same truck that a rookie pilot would later accidentally wrecks the driver's door not realizing the winds would be too strong enough to wreck it when opening it!!

er4_zpswz3p0glr.jpg

Taxiing to short of runway 14

er5_zps2hvrpu4c.jpg

Holding short on runway 14

er6_zpsqzmiolyg.jpg

Spooling engines to warm them before starting take off

er7_zpsrtmboyfm.jpg

er8_zpselu3n8en.jpg

er9_zpshmwtugif.jpg

Take off!!!

er10_zpsmzsbolxk.jpg

Airborne retracting landing gear while starting climb to FL140

er11_zps1a6qnj79.jpg

Nice view of the airport

er12_zps0usgg42g.jpg

er13_zpsgblzgo94.jpg

Powering to climb to FL140

er14_zpsu8zlqfdn.jpg

You can see whole airport where the Tweto family works!!!!  Look at the famous red plane and Era building!!

er15_zpsjeh958mv.jpg

Climbing

er17_zps8ddtbz5o.jpg

Turning right toward west with background view of clean icy waters of Norton Sound

er18_zpshc5xnvdc.jpg

Cruising at FL140

er19_zpsv1nukeye.jpg

Because of regulations of the forums not allowing more than 20 screenshots per post, please be kind enough to go to this hyperlink as seen below to view rest of the flight.

Here is the hyperlink: http://vatil.org.il/forum/index.php/topic/42675-cv-580-during-early-years-of-tweto-family/

Thank you for viewing!!  Stay tuned for next flight!!!!

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Neat plane and very nice shots Aharon!  With all your cold weather flying lately, I hope you're planning a flight in the tropics soon

Chris Sunseri

All of you might remember Flying Wild Alaska tv show featuring Jim Tweto, his wife, and his two daughters as well as his airline Era Airline.

Funny you mention it, my ex-wife used to work for Era and knows the Tweto's. I used to love that show, to bad the Tweto's decided not to do it anymore, but I can understand their reasons for not wanting to.

Nice pics btw.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Excellent screenies, Aharon. You even got Jim Tweto's C185 covered

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Cmpbellsjc,  Bernd111, and FDX777,

Thanks for kind words.

Cmpbellsjc,  why did Twetos give up their airline business?

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

The last episode Mr. Tweto indicated he wanted to retire and he went off with the family and built a small cabin away from everything.  At least that was the TV version of it :rolleyes:

Martinrex007, 

Thanks for answer!! Who did Tweto family sell Era airline to?

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

Cmpbellsjc, why did Twetos give up their airline business?

Regards,

Aharon

I didn't say they gave up their business, I said they decided not to do anymore episodes of the show.

Also, to correct myself I wrote that my ex - used to work for Era, she still does under the name Ravin. She's now based at their operation at PANC.

As for why they decided not to do the show, read below the next quote.

The last episode Mr. Tweto indicated he wanted to retire and he went off with the family and built a small cabin away from everything. At least that was the TV version of it :rolleyes:

According to my ex, they decided not to do the show because they thought they might damage the company name and reputation due to the way the show sometimes portrayed them as taking unnecessary risks. Of course they didn't but to make the show seem more interesting, they would edit it to make it seem that way. In businesses, especially air travel, creating reputational risk can be just as bad or worse as being factually risky.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Cmpbellsjc,

Thanks for interesting explanations!!!

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg