Sign in to follow this  
NoClue48

"Star Alliance" Logo on Livery Reversed

Hi, 

This isn't any sort of major operating issue, but just something I discovered...

The "Star Alliance" logo on the United Airlines (Merger) Winglets FSX PMDG 737-700NGX WL is reversed or a mirror image of itself--at least the letters below the logo on the right side are that way. 

I'm uncertain where and to whom to report this, but if someone can forward this on to the proper folks or point me in the right direction, I'll follow through.

Thanks.

Larry Feickert

Eschew obfuscation...

Larry, put info on a trouble ticket at support.precisionmanuals.com and it will either be fixed or put in the bug tracking system so as to not get lost. Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

I've actually seen this quite a bit with liveries done and posted on AVSIM. One example is, at least two different liveries of the New Eastern Airlines 737-800 "Spirit of Eddie Rickenbacker", on the right side of the fuselage the Eastern logo is "flying" backwards. In other words, the nose of the logo is facing the rear of the plane. If you look at real-world photos of the planes you can see that the logo was always flying forward on both sides of the aircraft.

Dave

Dave Paige

Yeah, I don't find it all that disturbing myself. I was just admiring the eye-candy on the outside of the aircraft model and ran across it.

I filed a ticket with PMDG, but haven't had any recognition that they've looked at it. 

Larry Feickert

Eschew obfuscation...

but haven't had any recognition that they've looked at it.

Kyle has mentioned they empty the ticket queue several times a day... perhaps your ticket simply created an input to the bug tracking system or it's been passed to the livery design guru and he's out of pocket.  I believe the status of your ticket should be available from the support portal.  I too would assume they'd acknowledge the bug report, give Pete a day or two at least.

Dan Downs KCRP

Uuuups they might have painted the bird in Ostrava/Czech Republic :S

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

UPDATE - I realize this is a bit late, but I actually received a reply from Paul at PMDG support on the 26th of April. He said, he's "...passed it along to the painter to correct in the next update."

Thanks to all who checked this post...

Larry Feickert

Eschew obfuscation...