Sign in to follow this  
riccardo74

Angle view in TrackIR like in real life?

Hi guys, in your opinion which is the best angle and zoom settings view for TrackIR 5?

I use it with EZCA and am satisfied, but it seems that angle view is not  like in real life counterpart, especially during taxy. It's too close.

I dont' know if it's possible to reproduce the same view you have in a real cockpit. Human has a wide angle view vs TrackIR, and the only way you can achieve this result is to zoom out your point of view position.

So, have you find special or optimal settings angle and zoom view for your trackIR?

Thanks so much for your replies, very appreciated.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

You may find this series of three YouTube videos informative. They address the question that given the "size" of your setup (monitor size, distance from the monitor, etc), what zoom setting provides the most realistic outside view. In my limited experience, however, the zoom setting for the most realistic outside view does not always provide the most convenient (or maybe realistic) inside view.  So one approach might be to use different zoom settings at different times during a flight based on whether the outside or inside view is deemed most important at that time. Or, of course, you can just compromise on a zoom setting between "outside and inside". And to complicate things a bit more, the best inside (VC view ) setting can vary with the type of a/c.

Al

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikwToOzX_UA&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwGT2hEiDUc&feature=youtu.be

Thanks so much Al for those links, it's what I really want to achieve. A good compromise form in and outside. Or as you told, recreate with EZCA specific views, one for taxi, one for landing and one for cruise to obtain the best.

Very appreciated.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270