Sign in to follow this  
autogyro

Hawker 800XP Documentation

Bert, the avionics should just turn on when you turn the battery on. You may have the issue others I have heard have with no gauges showing. I read someone uninstalled, restarted the system, reinstalled, and restarted the system again. Give it a go?

OK, I was looking for a separate avionics switch, but in that case, I can stop looking!

Thanks, all is well.. ^_^

Bert

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

the performance of the 850XP is different enough that you should seek specific Performance Charts for this Hawker.

The performance of "this" Hawker strays ju-u-u-u-st far enough from the charts that the relatively modest differences in climb performance numbers could be allowed for with a bit of discretionary fuel. Climbing at full throttle in this baby WILL burn between 150 - 180 pounds more than the book, and depending on the height you climb to, get there in a few miles less distance, and a couple of minutes early.

I always carry a bit of extra gas anyway...

Christopher Allan

The easiest way to view it in full, is to download the Scribd app on iPad or android, then save these file links to your library.

You then wouldn't need to either sign up, or pay for anything.

Downloaded the app on my iPad, would not let me go any further without signing in. Tried to login with Facebook got a failed msg. Deleted scribd

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

Howdy all, Braun here. Yesterday I purchased the Carendo Hawker 850XP and asked Bert to please make the GTN 750 mod available to me. He did so almost immediately! :-), so I "immediately" started testing.

After a few hours of fits and starts, I came across this thread in my search for a better understanding of the Hawkers Flight Mangement Systems. In this thread I came across the Scrib links and I signed up for the 30 day test drive and got both manuals.

The first link is the book of choice I think. It's called "Hawker 800 XP Pilot Teaining Manual". Ever buy a new car, with a real good manual, lots of pictures and easy to read and understand? This is it, and a must have for Hawker Drivers in my mind.

The biggest take away for me? The Carendo modeling of the Collins Avionics and Flight Controls systems are are a good try, but much could be improved. I'm still trying to puzzle out the system logic, but as of today I can consistently fly a heading, capture a localizer, and even lock on to the glideslope taking the plane down to the numbers. Unfortunately, the system's behavior is not as consistent as mine which is causing much frustration and head scratching!

The manual is making it MUCH better though. Get it if you have any unanswered questions about this plane.

Braun