Sign in to follow this  
dunix

Scenery shimmering and flickering in X-Plane 10.35

Hi,

I am new to X-plane (about 2 months) and use X-Plane 10.35 with an Nvidia GTX770 and Win7 64Bit.

Is there any cure for the scenery shimmering and flickering?

One gets dizzy on final approach :-Z

I read and tried all sort of things. Especially the nvidia inspector has no impact on X-Plane what so ever, regardles of the settings in X-Plane or the Nvidia Inspector.

Is it just something I have to get used to in X-Plane (vs. P3D)?

Best regards

Frank

What's your current setting in the ingame rendering options, Frank?

It's true that, when HDR is enabled, you cannot achieve anything with enforcing AA settings via Nvidia Inspector. However, if HDR was off, this path should work and you are free to pick your favourite method.

I'm running with HDR on and the AA set to 4xSSAA+FXAA which is the sort of brute force attack on aliased edges. It also marks the best available AA method in that HDR mode which is to say that we could use a lot more to e.g. save resources while still maintaining a decent image quality.

In another thread, I was suggesting Nvidia's TXAA as a viable alternative. If you value 'custom AA' over HDR, turn HDR off and set the AA via NI.

But back to your issue. If HDR is on, pick another (higher) ingame AA setting and see if the fps are still ok. That's all there is at the moment.

ok thanks for info.

My current settings is HDR on and AA set also to 4xSSAA+FXAA.

Interesting to know that NI will not work with HDR on. I will try HDR off with NI then.

Frank

Interesting to know that NI will not work with HDR on

I mean, you can try. I pointed to the technical background in a different post and couldn't confirm what another user claimed but I would call myself close-minded if I wouldn't encourage the own testing. Edited. Just realised that you already ran the test.

As for the SSAA+FXAA combo, it's a real task for any card out there, so an approach with NI settings including some transparency AA (4xSGSSAA for example) and a mild fullscreen one should deal better fps and might also help more with distant trees and things.

Sad part being that HDR in X-Plane is really good and, in my eyes, needed. Losing this is something I would try to avoid.

Anyway, good luck and nice flights. :smile: