Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

VATSIM and VPILOT

So if i have My traffic 6 it will use that for the liverys!?

I can't live without full screen lol i'm getting a 12.1 LCD monitor for my lower display unit for my 737NG so just need to wait untill i find one.

Vernon Howells

Yes or any other AI package, exactly!

lol, I can't live with full screen. Need windows mode, otherwise I would die out of boredom :D

Do you get the config file in the vpilot UI? I think i already ran that in vpilot

Vernon Howells

Do you get the config file in the vpilot UI? I think i already ran that in vpilot

Yes you do. Just select it and download it from vPilot.

If i have already downloaded it from vpilot is that enough?

If you have downloaded the MyTraffic rule set and it is now displaying in the left hand column on the model matching tab it should be active (if you've just done it you should get a message in the main window saying "Model Matching Rule Sets Reloaded" or words to that effect).

If you find you are getting lots of red messages saying that vPilot is unable to find appropriate models, you might want to try VMRGenerator which will scan your FSX directory for AI packages and create a customised model match set for you.

Regarding switching out of full screen mode -- it is a limitation of vPilot unfortunately (mind you, with the exception of FSINN, which has plenty of its own problems, there's not been a client that runs neatly within FS since the days of SB2.1 in FS2000). I now run vPilot on an old networked PC, but when I ran it on the FS machine I used windowed mode (which I got used to after a while, and has its advantages -- like being able to undock panels and move them to other monitors etc) and a little Flight1 utility called SoundStream which keeps the FSX sound running even when another window (i.e. vPilot) has the focus.

Thanks simon! I'm getting a 12.1 LCD for my 2nd screen which will fit on my CDU bay or lower display unit on the 737NG but for now i'll just have to except it.

See you on Vatsim ;)

Vernon Howells