Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Flight 1 GTN 750 Pop up in second monitor FPS drops to 1 fps

@Manny,

I am wondering just what you are using for your video interface to this monitor. Is it coming from the display port of the same Nvidia video card that drives the three out-the-window monitors? Or is it another video card? Or is it the video port from the motherboard (which would be a real problem)?

Also, the Serial/USB interface for the touchscreen part might be the dramatic slowdown (maybe try to temporarily disable the touchscreen and just use your mouse).

Also,Have you tried adjusting which CPU the GTN display executes on?

Good luck!

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

I am wondering just what you are using for your video interface to this monitor. Is it coming from the display port of the same Nvidia video card

Hi

Yes its from the same card. I have just one video card. So I have it as 3+1 from the same card.

I have the same setup for FSX and in FSX when I move the Reality xp to the 4th monitor I do not have this issue.

Its only in P3D v2.3  

Let me check this weekend if its the touch screen. and I am not sure how I can move the GPS display to a different CPU. I maybe able to move the process running the GPS to a different cpu core. 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Yes its from the same card. I have just one video card. So I have it as 3+1 from the same card.

I'm running the GTN750 on the same type of setup. NVidia Surround on 3 monitors + a fourth monitor (no touch screen) all running from a single GTX780. I have absolutely no frame drop when undocking the GTN and moving it to the fourth monitor. So it must be someting wrong with your setup. Maybe the touch screen is the problem...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I'm running the GTN750 on the same type of setup. NVidia Surround on 3 monitors + a fourth monitor (no touch screen) all running from a single GTX780. I have absolutely no frame drop

Thanks Carlo

What version of P3D you have and what Version of nVidia driver??

That's good to know.. Then I won't give up.. I'll continue pursing this issue then

You know, In Las Alamos when the the first nuclear test (the Manhattan project) was done, the nuclear secret was out for the whole world. The real secret was not the "How to do it" part, rather the fact that it can be done!

:lol:

Manny

I'm running the GTN750 on the same type of setup. NVidia Surround on 3 monitors + a fourth monitor (no touch screen) all running from a single GTX780. I have absolutely no frame drop when undocking the GTN and moving it to the fourth monitor. So it must be someting wrong with your setup. Maybe the touch screen is the problem...

Hey carlito I just got the 750 yesterday it works great but i am not being able to drag the 2D pup up display to my second monitor..any specific configuration ? 

Thanks

As mentioned above, try assigning the GTN to one of the other cores. By default it is set to use "All" cores, so limiting it to use one of the least busy cores should solve your problem.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

try assigning the GTN to one of the other cores.

Just for info, I'm not entirely sure that this option still works. I'm sure I remember reading in the latest patch notes that they changed the 'multi-core' behaviour.

That's not to say that you shouldn't give it a go though. No harm in trying!

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Neil, that was advice I just read from F1's support forum just two days ago. I have to assume that hasn't changed since then... :unsure:

Fr. Bill    

Neil, that was advice I just read from F1's support forum just two days ago.

Bill, from http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=f1gtn

The GTN will now uses all CPU cores, this provides a smoother overall experience with multiple units. The CPU Core option is no longer available.

Emphasis mine obviously, but like I said, giving it a go wouldn't hurt. Have you got a link to the simforums post? I don't know what to believe anymore  :wacko: 

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Neil, see this thread:
http://www.simforums.com/Forums/taws-issues_topic52418.html?KW=core

May 4th:

You need to install version 1.08c and use the CPU Core feature from within the F1 GTN Config to set the GTN to use the least used CPU Core when P3D is running.

The core setting was added back because of many reported issues...

Fr. Bill    

Hey carlito I just got the 750 yesterday it works great but i am not being able to drag the 2D pup up display to my second monitor..any specific configuration ?

Thanks

Right-click on the 2D pop-up and "undock" the window. Then you can drag it to a different screen.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Right-click on the 2D pop-up and "undock" the window. Then you can drag it to a different screen.

oh ok perfect..thanks

Mother of dear god,   that's a serious set up there Manny,  very nice indeed ,    You must have a very understanding partner   :rolleyes:

Flying a glass cockpit Mustang with steam gauges....   :lol:   

Well at least it's cooler than my steam gauges cockpit lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

You must have a very understanding partner  

Partner? Whats that?  :lol:

Flying a glass cockpit Mustang with steam gauges....     

Yes Ryan. Since I fly for real. I prefer the Analog gauges.. Most of the rental aircraft are analog 6/8 pack..so it helps a lot.. As long as I can have the MFD on the side, the Mustang works out fine.  :mellow:

Manny