Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

FSX addons disappeared from add on menu

I had my PMDG, FSUIPC and many other addons under my addon  tab at the top of the screen.  I did a stand alone manager update to my Couatl products.  I went to do another flight and when I came back, all my addons are gone from the add on menu except ASN request, Add on manager and Couatl products.  Any thoughts?  I tried restarting the computer as well and still the same outcome. I use the saitek pro flight yoke and throttle so my FSUIPC is neccessary for all my profiles.  But the weird thing is where did all the others go.

Josh Scholl

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I was able to get my menu with my addons.  I only have one more question.  For some reason I have no FS Passengers menu to pull down.  There is no bar to pull down but I got all the other add ons to work.  I checked the dll.xml file and all the addons are in there except FS Passengers.  I don't know if it is suppose to be in the dll.xml file or not though.  Any suggestions?

Josh Scholl

Have you tried re installing fs passengers  again, or  if  you happened  to made  a back up of  your data/roaming/ folder  than you could  just simply  just copy  and paste  option the ddl.xml.  or  if  some  else has   fs passengers  they could  tell you the entries  you need  for  the ddl.xml

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I did some searching and found a example dll text and copied the fs passenger entry into my current dll and it's now working. Thanks

Josh Scholl

good now   back up your ddl.xml   :P

Peter kelberg

In the folder that contains your dll.xml (same folder as the fsx.cfg), there usually are several backups of the dll.xml.  Everytime you install any FSDT or FlightBeam products, they make a backup.  So whenever you cannot see the Addon Menu in FSX (or P3D/FSX-SE) you want to look in this folder first for backups.  Of course, as suggested by Pete, it is always good to back up this file and I would suggest the whole folder periodically.  The AVSIM CTD Guide shows you have to edit the dll.xml so that only certain modules load up.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

it is always good to back up this file and I would suggest the whole folder periodically

Yep whats even better  to make  a complete back up copy of  your hard drive  to a external drive ^_^

Peter kelberg

I had this problem yest, once you get everything back just make a backup copy of that DLL

Vernon Howells