Sign in to follow this  
Howellerman

Carenado Phenom G1000 - INOP when started with SLX

Groeten Maarten!

I have an interesting problem for you!   :BigGrin:

When I launch the Carenado Phenom using SimLauncherX the primary (center) MFD does not/cannot activate. When I press the ENT or rightmost buttons the MFD flashes momentarily, but then it reverts to the start up, battery-on state. This is the case whether in the VC or when then the 2D option is displayed.

However, if I select the Phenom whilst P3D v2.5 is already running, the MFD activates as expected. 

I had been communicating with the Carenado support crew, and it was puzzling them. I trust you will find this puzzling as well! I think something in the Systems/Engines initialization settings is perhaps the culprit?

Dankjewel, Maarten!   

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Hi John,

I do not have the Carenado Phenom, so I cannot try to reproduce it myself. Here's a couple of questions:

1. Go to one of the Weather/Systems/Instruments or Radio stack windows and set the target to Flight (top left most button on the ribbon) before you start P3D. Does that make any difference?
  2. Exit SLX once the flight you just launched causes the problem. Does that make any difference?
  3. Before you launch P3D with the flight that doesn't work, set the target to flight and set the systems setting to 'Electrics on' or 'Engines running' using the button on the ribbon. Does that make any difference?
  4. You say: 'if I select the Phenom whilst P3D v2.5 is already running'. What do you do exactly? Do you select the Phenom in the Aircraft window and then press Fly Now or do you select a saved flight that contains the Phenom and then press Fly Now?
  5. Please send me the flight file that doesn't work when you use that flight to start P3D.
  6. What happens if you don't use SimLauncherX, start P3D manually and load the above flight in P3D?
  7. Please send me the flight file that does work when you change the flight whilst P3D is already running. If you select a flight, then select the Phenom and then press on Fly Now before saving the flight, SLX will create a temporary flight in your flights folder with the name SimLauncherX_Temp1.fxml or SimLauncherX_Temp2.flt. If you don't save the flight before launching it, send me the temporary flight before you close SLX. If you watch carefully, you will see the name of the flight that's being loaded by P3D in the green bar at the top of the P3D window: that's the one I need.
  8. Please send me the [Documents]\SimLauncherX\SimLauncherX.log file after you have started P3D with the flight that doesn't work and after you have closed SLX. Do not restart SLX before you have send me the log file, otherwise the log file will be overwritten.
  9. Do you have the same issue with the default Baron with G1000?

You can find my e-mail address on the front page of the user guide.

thanks, Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Hi Maarten, 

You are fast!

I will do the test you suggest. In the meantime, the answers for:

6: The MFD works correctly. This is what I meant about "if I select the Phenom whilst P3D v2.5 is already running, the MFD activates as expected."

9: Negatory. I checked the Carenado TBM850 and SR22, both of which have G1000 displays and both worked fine.

Thanks for the support, Maarten - could not imagine my P3D environment without SLX!!!

John

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Hi Maarten, 

You are fast!

I will do the test you suggest. In the meantime, the answers for:

6: The MFD works correctly. This is what I meant about "if I select the Phenom whilst P3D v2.5 is already running, the MFD activates as expected."

9: Negatory. I checked the Carenado TBM850 and SR22, both of which have G1000 displays and both worked fine.

Thanks for the support, Maarten - could not imagine my P3D environment without SLX!!!

John

john,

what was the outcome of the above?

regards and thanks to all,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Hi Chas,

The outcome was that the Phenom MFD needs the master avionics to be turned on. The problem is that the Phenom does not have a master avionics switch.. SLX now always turns on the master avionics switch when launching a flight with a Phenom selected.

thanks, Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Been traveling - what Maarten said...   :lol:

John Howell