Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

P3D Aerosoft OSLO Torp - Terrible Performance

Did you try and move the aircraft around at all in that situation?

I use the airport for flights too and from(enjoy landing there as you have to turn of right when landing north) never had a problem sorry.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

New Norway update today!!!! No way, the OrbxFTXEUNorway110 was released April 14:th!!!!

Not according to FTX Central v2 ... it just showed up yesterday for me ... interesting indeed.  Haven't tested since new Norway update.

FYI Oslo 2.0 if very good on performance, no issues other than Z-fighting issues which usually means when designing the airport the appropriate Z-bias settings were not checked as P3D does use Z-bias.  Do you have link to that Norway discussion?

I've also uninstalled Vector and OpenLC so might give Torp another test and see.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi guys, Same as over on the aerosoft forums, but it's quieter there. 

I am quite worried about this one as I can't work it out.

I am hitting massive issues running Olso Torp in p3d. The scenario is that in basic terms the sim grinds to a halt. If you look at the aircraft from any view it looks like it's speeding up and slowing down midflight/taxi.

The fps drop all over the place from 40 - 11.

I run p3d in advanced aircraft at 30-35 everywhere. Vancouver FSDT, Copenghagen Flytampa, UK2000 heathrow everything with no issue. This is related to this scenery only.

What do you think is going on here? I've not seen anything like it before.

Kind regards,

Alex

p.s running orbx Norway, (turned off the ento.bgl's in the ORBX scenery directory. Still no fix).

I have NO issues running this in FSX DX10

This - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/467738-nvidia-usersraise-your-fps/ finally resolved my issues. I don't have Torp, but i had similar problems to what you described on other sceneries. Hope this will help you as well.

I didn't get time to test out Torp last night ... but there was a newer version of Torp 1.02 which I installed ... will hopefully test out tonight.

FYI,  nVidia Streaming service shouldn't be doing anything unless you set ShadowPlay up for streaming (which is enabled by default if you turn ON ShadowPlay) ... HOWEVER, streaming doesn't activate unless you trigger it ... I think what happens is that some folks are accidentally triggering streaming because the default hot keys to turn On/Off are those are also used in the FS platform (which is actually the case with default ShadowPlay setup).

When setting up ShadowPlay I set all triggers to None with the exception of "Manual Recording" (Ctrl+F12) and then make sure nothing in P3D is setup to use Ctrl+F12.

Cheers, Rob.

This - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/467738-nvidia-usersraise-your-fps/ finally resolved my issues. I don't have Torp, but i had similar problems to what you described on other sceneries. Hope this will help you as well.

I didn't get time to test out Torp last night ... but there was a newer version of Torp 1.02 which I installed ... will hopefully test out tonight.

FYI,  nVidia Streaming service shouldn't be doing anything unless you set ShadowPlay up for streaming (which is enabled by default if you turn ON ShadowPlay) ... HOWEVER, streaming doesn't activate unless you trigger it ... I think what happens is that some folks are accidentally triggering streaming because the default hot keys to turn On/Off are those are also used in the FS platform (which is actually the case with default ShadowPlay setup).

When setting up ShadowPlay I set all triggers to None with the exception of "Manual Recording" (Ctrl+F12) and then make sure nothing in P3D is setup to use Ctrl+F12.

Cheers, Rob.

Yeah, this made absolutely no difference to the sim experience at Torp

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I'm sorry. Indeed the "effect" is back again.. What helped before was actually a very low FFTF (0.004) setting that i forgot to change.. Needless to say that this comes with blurries beyond belief.

Did some more testing of Torp (ENTO) tonight, sadly the performance/stutter problem still exists even with the new Torp 1.02 and latest Orbx Norway update and libraries.

Made some videos to demostrate the issue:

This is Orbx Norway ENTO which is smooth, no performance issues:

This is Orbx Norway with Aerosoft ENTO - performance issues and stutters:

I also tested at Aerosoft Oslo just to show that this performance issue is specific to Aerosoft Torp and ONLY Aerosoft Torp.  As you can see Oslo is very smooth:

These are the settings I used for Aerosoft Torp via configuration tool:

968bc1357793342fca6685de27d3c7ed.jpg

If anyone has any hints or suggestions, much appreciated.  I've exhausted as much as I know.

These are the graphics settings I used: http://www.robainscough.com/P3D_Titan_X_4K_Set.html

Cheers, Rob.

I was able to solve the performance issues with Aerosoft's Torp ... it's the single file:

gr_lights.BGL

to fix the issue rename file to

gr_lights_BGL.OFF

Located in: ...\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\aerosoft\Torp Sandefjord X\Scenery

Will post a video showing the difference in performance caused by this file.

Cheers, Rob.

As promised ... video demonstrating the performance fix:

Cheers, Rob.

Hi,

i just reinstalled Torp along with FTX NOR. I configured it with the realistic lights and had no performance issues. However i noticed that it didnt install properly. There are smissing buildings and the static aircraft. I set Torp on top of FTX NOR but didnt make any difference. Im using FTX NOR SP1 Torp 1.02. Installed both as admin.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

I set Torp on top of FTX NOR but didnt make any difference. Im using FTX NOR SP1 Torp 1.02. Installed both as admin.

AFCAD issue perhaps?  You using MT6 or something else that may have an AFCAD conflict.  I know I recently forgot to disable MT6 AFCAD for 29Palms EDBC.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

thanks for the hint. I just installed Airports of Norway maybe that is the problem. Gotta switch these off and see what happens. I forgott about that add on.

Btw talking about lights of Aerosoft airports, they cause often performance issues. I have a few german fields. Switching off the lights solve some performance issues for me.

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

AFCAD issue perhaps?  You using MT6 or something else that may have an AFCAD conflict.  I know I recently forgot to disable MT6 AFCAD for 29Palms EDBC.

Cheers, Rob.

Found the problem. The Aerosoft norwegian airports has to be on top of orbx NOR in the scenery config. I forgott to do that with Torp.

Anway i didnt encounter any sort of performance issues  night . I set it up with realistic in the config tool.

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "P3D Aircraft & Vehicles - Native and Add-Ons" to "P3D Scenery - Native and Add-Ons". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.