Sign in to follow this  
sterny70

Disappointing!

Just some thoughts about premature releases:

The Hawker is a pretty nice Aircraft regarding eye candy. Well modeled.

The disappointment starts with the Documentaion. There is no Cockpit Guide, no Tutorial Flight, just a few Pages Copied from the real AOM, which doesn't help really.

The Proline 21 Manual doesn't help either, because the Avionics are a complete disaster!

Why?

I won't say anything about the Autopilot, just read the specific topic about this disaster.

The FMS iis also a complete disaster. it's nearly unprogrammable and if you go on a direct to, for example, the aircraft goes anywhere but not to the selected waypoint.

I was too angry to figure out everything thats wrong after wasting my whole day to get this Money-Graveyard working.

Why in god's sake are you unable to release a product that works??!?!

For spending 50 $ i can expect a product which is ready, tested and without bugs.

I feel cheated by Carenado.

So, you've lost a custoimer. This was my last purchase from you.

Sterny

Count me in, this was my pocket money for two months, it's a pure scam, we get pretty textures, a default learjet 45 flight model and poop avionics. Thanks carenado.

I understand Carenado now offers refunds? I no longer buy their products so this is only something I read on another thread, but might be worth looking into.

I understand Carenado now offers refunds? I no longer buy their products so this is only something I read on another thread, but might be worth looking into.

Look on your emailed receipt.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Where in the receipt is this? I just looked at mine, and I see nothing referencing how to get a refund.

Look on your emailed receipt.

Where in the receipt is this? I just looked at mine, and I see nothing referencing how to get a refund.

besides negative comments on FB, refunds might be another thing they deleted....??

Bernardo Bersik

PhotoSim Labs

Another person reported that he had this refund offer in his emailed receipt, which is why I made the suggestion. I have no knowledge of this personally as I've never bought anything from this developer.

Fr. Bill    

Be glad that you didn't. This one has possible potential, but as of right now it's staying in the hangar.

For spending 50 $ i can expect a product which is ready, tested and without bugs.

I feel cheated by Carenado.

Why cheated ?

They have released three Business jets and none of them have worked correctly or be subsequently patched to an acceptable level.

Why exactly did you expect this one to be different ?

Please explain to me why folks continue to support this stuff, Ryan thought I was getting at him when I asked yesterday, I'm wasn't it's just that I struggle with the concept of throwing hard earned money away when you know the outcome is disappointment.

Why exactly did you expect this one to be different ?

Very true Glynn 

I understand Carenado now offers refunds
This question has come up a couple of times in the last couple of days,   maybe its because i have a smaller brain then normal people,  but could someone please explain to me how anybody would think they could get a refund on a downloadable product,  how is that supposed to work.  It would not take a genies to figure out that it would be open to all kinds of winging silliness 

First of all, complaining on this forum is not going to achieve a fix or a refund. Email your frustrations to Carenado!

Carenado is already known by this community for creating unfinished complex airplanes. The community asks for updates and they only fix a few bugs, then Carenado moves on to a new projects. I hope that they do not this to the Hawker!

As for getting a refund, I'm not sure if they offer one.

How obtuse can we be to buy an unfinished product with a company with this kind of reputation; a software that requires an internet connection to install?

How dumb can we be? If you're not happy with your purchase, ask the developer for a refund.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Elaine, Flight1 has had their 30 day refund policy in place for many, many years. They are most demonstrably still in business in spite of the potential for abuse.

It's only good business sense! It is a sad fact that negative news travels much faster than positive news, therefore one "unhappy customer" has the potential to cause many new sales to be made as a result. B)

Fr. Bill    

Elaine, Flight1 has had their 30 day refund policy in place for many, many years.

Oh ok, i didn't know that.  

It's only good business sense! It is a sad fact that negative news travels much faster than positive news, therefore one "unhappy customer" has the potential to cause many new sales to be made as a result.

Yes of course,  i made several complaints and questions to a certain author  *Not Flight1*  and never even got a generic mail back,  it really does leave a lasting bad taste in your mouth.  Never looked for a refund,  just a simple reply would of taken the sting out of it.  

There is no refund information on the email receipt for the Hawker.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

There is no refund information on the email receipt for the Hawker.

Why should it be there?

They know, they publish uncompleted products. If they don't know, they would be stupid as hell.

So why offer a refund option, when it is so easy to draw the money out of their customer wallet?

As i mentioned before: This was my last purchase from this 'company'