Sign in to follow this  
sterny70

Disappointing!

Why should it be there?

Perhaps you should do more reading of replies in the thread???

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I have a few questions for the folks who don't like this plane. Its Carenado you shouldn't have expected systems modeling to the level of PMDG so why do you complain when the systems aren't modeled to that level? Why do you need a tutorial flight? I was able to figure out how to cold start the plane within about 5 min while sitting in the cockpit. Yea $50 is a good bit of money but to me it was worth it not like there is a ton of business jets available and this one looks very nice. Why does everyone get mad a Carenedo when a few bugs are present yet are perfectly ok with waiting the year it took PMDG to release a service pack for the errors the 777 had on release day?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Carenado is only worth a 'punt" at their xmas sale when heavily discounted but even at 50% off its not worth the money if its buggy!

The flight 1 mustang is $50 and a dream to fly, how dare Carenado put itself in the same price category...

ZORAN

The biggest disappointment for me isn't that it's buggy, which we all knew that it would be, its that Carenado locked out the coding using spb files, so it's not like we in the community can even fix minor bugs now without decompiling these files.

Carenado is only worth a 'punt" at their xmas sale when heavily discounted but even at 50% off its not worth the money if its buggy!

The flight 1 mustang is $50 and a dream to fly, how dare Carenado put itself in the same price category...

The VC textures aren't anything to write home about on the Mustang....

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Huh, Really? never heard that from anyone before, can you post a pic?. Besides there is so much glass theres not much else to see except those wonderful WAAS enabled G1000's

ZORAN

The VC textures aren't anything to write home about on the Mustang....

They look great on my rig, may want to check you settings. Each system is different...what monitor and video card are you using?

They look great on my rig, may want to check you settings. Each system is different...what monitor and video card are you using?

i7-4790k GTX980... My point is they aren't of the same quality of Carenado if somone is really into avionics features they should stick away from Carenado. If they want a good middle of the road plane that looks great Carenado is a what you need.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

i7-4790k GTX980... My point is they aren't of the same quality of Carenado if somone is really into avionics features they should stick away from Carenado. If they want a good middle of the road plane that looks great Carenado is a what you need.

Uh... no. All this aircraft offers is pretty. Nothing else is even close to being middle of anything.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Uh... no. All this aircraft offers is pretty. Nothing else is even close to being middle of anything.

Please tell me what it lacks? It starts like the real thing flys close enough to the real thing performance wise,looks like the real thing, Avionics wise yes its lacking a bit but I had no problem flying approaches to minimums in it. If a person is like me and doesn't want to read a 400 page manual just to get into the air this bird is perfect for them.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Please tell me what it lacks? It starts like the real thing flys close enough to the real thing performance wise,looks like the real thing, Avionics wise yes its lacking a bit but I had no problem flying approaches to minimums in it. If a person is like me and doesn't want to read a 400 page manual just to get into the air this bird is perfect for them.

If your going to join the air force like it says in your profile then a 400p manual in fsx is going to look like a short paragraph :lol:

ZORAN

I'm currently in Prepar3D with this aircraft. I took off with 27000lbs of weight and departed east with the intent to climb to FL370. According to the performance documentation, under ISA conditions climbing to FL270 with 27000lbs takeoff weight should take 944lbs of fuel, 111nm of distance and 21min of time. I am currently at FL330, having used 1679lbs of fuel and currently stalling out in level flight with a tailwind of 41kts. If that's "flys close enough to the real thing performance wise" I'll eat my shorts.

As for what it lacks:

1 - Correct autopilot modes. When you select a lateral/vertical mode on the flight guidance panel you should not see the green 'AP' show up on the PFD. That should only happen when you push the AP button on the FGP. FLC flat out doesn't work. Period. I haven't even touched the VNAV button simply because the FMS doesn't calculate the waypoint altitudes correctly at all.

2 - Correct displays. There is no geopolitical/water display on the PFD. That shouldn't be there at all. Also, the control of geopolitical/water is a function of the IFIS system. The IFIS controller is completely static and does nothing. The PFD should default to the ROSE HSI and the MFD should be in PPOS mode. When the MFD or PFD is in ARC mode, no waypoints should display.

3 - PERF on the FMS is totally off, in many ways.

4 - EXEC button, a required button with the real avionics is worthless here.

5 - Fuel requirement calculations are inaccurate until you reach higher altitudes.

6 - Everything to do with the cockpit is the avionics. In this addon it is supposed to be a Pro Line 21 Avionics Suite. It is that, but mostly in simplistic appearance. Not in any true functionality.

For the price charged and the marketing statements made, more fidelity is rightfully expected.

To add additional information. I am now cruising at FL330 with 24800lbs of weight. According to the high speed cruise charts provided I should be seeing a TAS between 439 and 459kts, total fuel flow of 1829 to 2247lbs per hour and an indicated airspeed between 280 and 294. I am seeing 458kts TAS, 6520FF PPH and 287 IAS. That's not even close in fuel burn. How the heck can this thing burn that much fuel but be unable to climb higher?

I forgot to mention... that's with throttles at maximum. Pretty sure that's not accurate.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

If that's "flys close enough to the real thing performance wise" I'll eat my shorts.

I can honestly say I'd never even notice half of those. The Exec button not working is dumb I agree.  As for the autopilot if I need to climb or dive I just hit the vs button and set a new alt in the window and it works everytime. Yes it may not be the correct way of doing things but no add-on is perfect. People like to point out flaws vs giving credit for the cool features such as the pulsing landing lights showing on the ground or the Thrust reversers that will only work if the system is armed which is true to form for this plane. 

Edited by n4gix
Trimmed excessive quote. Again.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I did the Pulse-Lite system for the Eaglesoft Citation X years back... glad they finally figured out how I did it.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69