Sign in to follow this  
sterny70

Disappointing!

What is even more sad is that Lockheed Martin supports these guys by advertising their plane directly in the sim and on their website. Their planes are made for 12 year olds who want something nice to look at and can figure out how to use their simplistic systems in 2 minutes. Anyone who is serious about flying and this hobby realizes their products are a joke.

LM embraces flight simulation people. It doesn't follow that they endorse them...

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

What is even more sad is that Lockheed Martin supports these guys by advertising their plane directly in the sim and on their website. Their planes are made for 12 year olds who want something nice to look at and can figure out how to use their simplistic systems in 2 minutes. Anyone who is serious about flying and this hobby realizes their products are a joke.

Hmm, I seem to like them and I'm a real world pilot with turbine time.... I have thousands invested in this hobby so I'm pretty serious about it. Don't throw insults just because you want to spend more time reading about systems than actually flying the plane...

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

How much "turbine time"? Multi Rated?

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

How much "turbine time"? Multi Rated?

About 20 hours in a C90 and about 8 hours in a Citation CJ, flying right seat of course. Not a whole lot jet time but some none the less.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Uh... no. All this aircraft offers is pretty. Nothing else is even close to being middle of anything.

Sounds like your resolve as a commercial member of the AVSIM forum is breaking down, Ed :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The VC textures aren't anything to write home about on the Mustang..

Your really rubbing Christopher Low up the wrong way with that comment   :P

I can honestly say I'd never even notice half of those. The Exec button not working is dumb I agree.  As for the autopilot if I need to climb or dive I just hit the vs button and set a new alt in the window and it works everytime. Yes it may not be the correct way of doing things but no add-on is perfect. People like to point out flaws vs giving credit for the cool features such as the pulsing landing lights showing on the ground or the Thrust reversers that will only work if the system is armed which is true to form for this plane. 

I have to agree with David on this one. I see the cup half full.

The Mustang is one of my favorite add-ons, but there are many simmers who have had performance issues and CTDs with this add-ons. The VC looks great, but if you don't have  a good video card, good luck getting the add-on to run properly.

The Carenado Hawker is not perfect, but I'm still able to start the engines, taxi to the active, use a direct to, depart and fly to any major airport, fly an approach, and land. Plus, I love looking at the VC, I like the way it feels, the lighting is fantastic, and the sound and effects are immersive. That's what is really important to me.

I'm currently in Prepar3D with this aircraft. I took off with 27000lbs of weight and departed east with the intent to climb to FL370. According to the performance documentation, under ISA conditions climbing to FL270 with 27000lbs takeoff weight should take 944lbs of fuel, 111nm of distance and 21min of time. I am currently at FL330, having used 1679lbs of fuel and currently stalling out in level flight with a tailwind of 41kts. If that's "flys close enough to the real thing performance wise" I'll eat my shorts.

Is Carenado aware of these bugs?

Will you send them and e-mail?

Do you think that some of the issues will be addressed and fixed?

Is it ok if I add this to the list of bugs that I'm going to send Carenado?

Thx

Edited by n4gix
Removed excessive quoting.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I think the point some folks are trying to make isn't that this airplane is garbage to everyone, but it surely isn't worth the $50 they are charging out of the box. This aircraft is nowhere near the level of some other aircraft at the same cost systems wise, and looks don't exactly give you a realistic experience like systems do..

Someone made a comparison to a pmdg service pack, but this aircraft isn't even in the same ballpark to pmdg and shouldn't be priced as so.

Nobody has even mentioned the fact that systems unique to this aircraft are nonexistent such as the spoilers/flaps lift dump feature. How can a main feature of an aircraft just be completely left out.

Sounds like your resolve as a commercial member of the AVSIM forum is breaking down, Ed :wink:

I am a customer and that gives me the same vocal authority as any other customer. Considering 99% of my efforts go into actual training systems... is it such an odd concept that I might want an addon to enjoy myself?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Is Carenado aware of these bugs?

Will you send them and e-mail?

Do you think that some of the issues will be addressed and fixed?

Is it ok if I add this to the list of bugs that I'm going to send Carenado?

Thx

I don't know a thing about what Carenado knows/doesn't know. I don't have time to fix their problems for free, especially after paying them $50 for the privilege. LOL

You may tell them whatever you desire.

Here's a couple more items:

1 - The FORMAT soft key on the PFD should not bring a menu up but simply cycle through the valid modes available. The FORMAT soft key on the MFD should bring the menu up, and then each subsequent press of the soft key should change the format selection. Also, there's a format for the upper half of the MFD that isn't modeled.

2 - The ROSE format should not be displaying any geopolitical data or flight plans or waypoints. The ARC format should not display flight plans or waypoints. The only mode that displays the flight plan on the PFD is the PPOS mode. The only modes that display the flight plan on the MFD are the PPOS and PLAN modes.

3 - After you have selected a departure, if you go back to the selection page, you should still see what your choices were. The same goes for the approach and arrival.

4 - Selecting the arrval and the approach are independent. In other words, selecting one won't impact selecting the other.

5 - When selecting a procedure (DEP, ARR, IAP) the choice should show up in the proper position on the PPLN page display of your flight plan.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I am a customer and that gives me the same vocal authority as any other customer. Considering 99% of my efforts go into actual training systems... is it such an odd concept that I might want an addon to enjoy myself?

Totally off topic but is the WASS working on yals G530/430? I need some good avionics for some of my planes.  

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Totally off topic but is the WASS working on yals G530/430? I need some good avionics for some of my planes.

That is off topic. Ask in our support forums please.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69